Which OTA Antenna is best for HD????

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
Yes, I know, I've checked antennaweb.org. It says I don't need much to get the signals. I tried on top of my TV - not good enough.

Should I get an antenna that attaches to my DishNetwork dish? or a separate one? (I have a line that is unused from my roof to TV)
Where do you recommend buying??

Unregistered guest
Hi Scott,
I used antennaweb.org and I also used the following website http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/comparing.html as a guideline for picking out my antenna (DB-4 from antennasdirect.com). Eventhough, the hdtvprimer tests don't show the DB-4, I figured it's pretty close to the Channel Master 4221 4 bay in terms of performance.

Prior to me deciding on the DB-4, I went to Radio Shack and got their amplified (rabbit ears) antenna ($~40) and that seemed to work okay, but not optimally.

The DB-4 antenna is quite powerful (I placed it in the attic in my single story home) and I now get all the digital stations crisply with great clarity and detail once I aimed it to the correct direction (309 degrees) for my zip 95129. I used less than 75' of RG-6 cable (recommended by the antenna instructions) YMMV.

Good Luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us