Recommendations on best DVD player w/DVMI

Username: Hidefkindaguy

Phoenixville, PA

Post Number: 8
Looking for recommendations on purchasing the best DVD player for the least money...the player must include DVMI for connection to our new Mits 62825. We have a fairly new Toshiba w/ proscan that does a good job, will upgrading to DVMI be a big improvement in picture quality vs. the component cable output? Am I wasting my money and should I wait to replace it with HD/Bluray next year?

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 319
Toshiba SD-5970. Upscales to 720p, outputs via HDMI and includes the cable. It can be found for well under $200. I've been very happy with the results go to my JVC DiLA via HDMI.

Username: Hidefkindaguy

Phoenixville, PA

Post Number: 9
Mr.Lynch, is the Toshiba deck limited to 720? I see other decks capable of 1080...is there a pc difference? Thanks!

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Dennis,

I also have the Tosh. No it is not limited to 720. On HDMI you can display 480 (?), 720, 1080 or 1240.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 321
I just listed 720p, since your TV (like mine) is a 720p native display. If you upscale to 1080i, the TV will have to convert it again.

Unregistered guest
Dennis,
DVI is relatively new and HDMI is even newer. So, most DVD player with these outputs is going to be on the higher end models and therefore cost a little more. I have a Mits WD-62725 paired up with a Denon 1910 DVD player. I use a DVI to HDMI cable and the resolution is outstanding. The unit can upscale to 720 or 1080. The 1910 has good reviews for an entry-level player with DVI output (run a search in the eCoustics review section). I am very happy with the unit ever since I figured out to TURN "OFF" the BLACK LEVELS control. The default is on the "ON" position and it degrades the contrast levels when the DVI cable is used. Denon has a reputation for excellent audio quality, which is another good reason to choose this unit. The 1910 retails for $249 and I have seen it going for the low $200's on line.

mastering
Unregistered guest
pls note i'd like an advise :
i got plasma samsung tv 852*480 with dvi connection
i need to buy the dvd player and i don't know if i should go for the samsun or denon 1910.
price samsung dvd hd 948 : 3800 hkd = 380 usd around
denon 2200 hkd : 300 usd

wish one should i take ; AS SAmsung will be compatible with my tv but the denon not 100% sure .
i'm also not really happy about the tv, so shall i trust again samsung ?

my tv web http://www.samsung.com/he/products/tvplasmadisplay/plasmatv/ps_42s4s.asp

the samsung new player :
http://www.samsung.com/he/products/tvplasmadisplay/plasmatv/ps_42s4s.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us