Mits 52725 Green Tint

paudemge
Unregistered guest
I've had this set for a few days, but have really began to notice a kinda green tint on a lot of images. I've tried to use the color settings, and have been able to reduce it , but not elimiate it.
Anybody else having similar problems on there mits DLP? It is evident on HD sources, but it seems to be worse , the worse the source is.

Unregistered guest
Try going to the individual color adjustments on the "perfect color" menu (TV Menu>Set up>Color Balance>Perfect Color) and selected the green adjustment. If the color bar does not change saturation when you move the slider, you probably found the problem. Go back and hit the reset button a few times until you can get the green color bar to change saturation when the slider is adjusted. Remember, every "device" has its own custom video settings so you must go through this procedure for every device you have, i.e. DVD, Antenna 1, VCR, etc. Also, try adjusting the brightness to neutral, 31.

paudemge
Unregistered guest
I've been able to reduce the 'green push' or whatever it is by using PerfectColor and manually adjusting the colors. And of course it looks much worse on analog than DVD; and DVD looks worse than HD. But I am pretty sure I am seeing it on all input sourse.
Sometimes it is pretty hard to tell when it is my green problem and when it is in the source.
Also it seems like the 'auto' setting in perfect color isn't sticking when I turn the tv off and then back on. It seems like it is automacily using the 'auto' color balance when I turn the tv back on, even when the check mark is not there.
I can go into color balance and turn the check mark on and then off and see a very definet effect.

PhxCliff
Unregistered guest
I just bought a 52725 and it has the same green shift. I have to go into the setup and reset to factory color settings almost every day. I've got a call in to my local Mits service center, but in surfing other sites, this seems to be a big problem for the mitsubishi dlp sets. Some people have reported it only on NTSC signals, but it creeps in on me no matter what my input, including my OTA HD antenna.

I'll let you know what the service rep says.

paudemge
Unregistered guest
Yes, let me know what your service rep says, I haven't called in yet, mostly because I don't have time.
I'll admit the green shift isn't too bad esp on HD signals with adjustments made to PerfectColor, but for a set that costs about 3k , I think it should be better.

PhxCliff
Unregistered guest
Well, I never got a return call from my local service center. However, I had sent an email to Mits customer service on Dec. 16th describing my problems. They responded on the 17th with an email telling me a service rep would be contacting me within two days. Well, no call, but today on my doorstep was an overnight package from Mistubishi with the .04 software update. No note on what it fixes, no call from customer service, just a software upgrade. I've installed it but I have no idea if it's supposed to fix the green shift, or my other problem of my OTA stations changing locations and numbers.
I'll should know within a day or two if the green shift is resolved.

Quick question: Is your green bias always present, or can you reset the video settings via the menu and clear it up only to have it reapear again a day or two later?

paudemge
Unregistered guest
It's hard to say if it is aways there. If I go into color balance and use the settings I got from the AVS forum for the perfect color values, the picture is much better. Not sure if is perfect. I have probably become over sensitive and may be blaming the TV when it is the source.

My biggest problem is on the Color Balance, the Auto flag doesn't stick. By that I mean the auto flag stays unchecked, but after a power off/on cycle, It seems to be acting as if it is checked. I have to go into each device and check the auto flag, and then uncheck it.
Here are the settings i'm using
Magenta 53
Red 43
Yellow 43
Green 35
Cayan 31
Blue 44

Sharpness - 31
Color - 31
Tint - 28
Brightness - 45
Contrast - 41
DefinEdge Off
Video Noise - Reduction
Color Temperature - Low

paudemge
Unregistered guest
Well, i've previosly talked about my green tint problem and the problem with the auto flag in color balance not seeming to work after a power cycle. But just lately i have noticed a couple of almost invisible dark splotches. I called ultimate electronics since my 30 days is almost up and they are going to replace the set tomorrow. I didn't go into any details about the splotches or my other problems, they pretty much are going to swap it out no questions asked.

Prad2004
Unregistered guest
Hi Folks

I just bought a WD-62525 and I see the green borders or halo or whatever....on every channel I see...its almost like somebody took a green highlighter and drew borders along the picture contours.

I see it mostly on the left side of the object displayed. Its almost like a green glow coming frm its left edge.

I see you all have talked about green shift....if it were a shift how come it shows up only on the edges or borders of the object.

PhxCliff ...did the firmware update fix your green shift issue?

I am thinking of swapping the set out or even going to a different brand....any advice?

paudemge
Unregistered guest
For what its worth, my problem was/is not Green edges. I have seen some of that myself, but only on bad SD analog signals. My problem was that there seemed to be a lot of green tint across the entire object. For example a dark car windshield would have a green tint. I have a new 52725 and even though it does seem to have the green tint as well, I really think most of it is because I'm hyper sensitive about it. I have looked at the same images on my SD-32" CRT and they too seem to have some of the green tint.

Username: Scanman

Post Number: 3
I recently completed a cycle of hdmi problems with my sony 42 lcd/denon 955s interface. I am replacing it with a mit 52725 and would like an advance notice of glithces to expect.

thanks

PhxCliff
Unregistered guest
Prad2004,
Yes, the .04 software update fixed my green tint problems, but like Paudemge noted, mine was also more of a green shadow on dark areas of the screen than an actual outline.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us