How is the t.v. quality of the Sony KDF-60XS955?

Username: Xenoimpact

Post Number: 1
I went to Fry's and saw the KDF-60XS955, but the video quality was kind of grainy like you could see the lines trying to blend together. Other t.v.'s had better quality like the Mits. DLP. Is it the t.v. or the connection of Fry's that made the video quality terrible?

Username: Salrmrcrey

CA USA

Post Number: 8
Could you have been too close to the set? How far were you standing from it?

Cheers,

Username: Xenoimpact

Post Number: 2
I was about 1 feet away. It was really noticeable.

Anonymous

I have seen Sony 60's rear projections numerous times set up with astonishing great pictures. LCD does tend sometimes to be slightly grainier at times - than for example pure CRT's. However, I have hardly noticed it.

As for DLP - for some a great choice -however the color wheel issue can be a problem for others

That Sony955 is quite good but if you are hooking into Comcast cable or others with hi def boxes or satellite - you won't be using that integrated tuner.

Ths issue on the 955 is you end up paying near 4k precisely because you are getting that integrated tuner, that adds 400 dollars. Of course the HDMI inputs are very important too.

- however if got the spot for it, for only around 2200 plus 200 for the screen you can buy a PANASONIC PT-AE700U LCD FRONT PROJECTOR, you end with a 90 inch plus extremely high quality picture, HDMI inputs etc - and no more hassle dealing with big furniture.

Now bulb life has to be watched so the projecter better for dedicated rooms

On regular hi def TV's I believe Sony 955 one of the best

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us