Samsung HL-P5063W - DVD, HDTV Box

Username: Doogienj

Post Number: 1
I just ordered a Samsung HL-P5063W DLP rear projection that will be delivered next week. I am thinking of upgrading my DVD player as well. Any suggestions what DVD would match this TV well? Should I get one with DVI or HDMI? I am getting a zonefree player as I buy lots of movies in Europe.

And for the same TV, does anyone use a Comcast cable box? Do they come with DVI or HDMI? If not, how is the picture using a lower quality connection. Thanks, Douglas

Username: Hdrocks

Post Number: 1
I've got an HLP5063 with a Comcast cable box (Motorola 6200). The cable box supports component video or DVI connections. I'm currently connected using the component video, and the picture looks great on all DTV channels. Obviously the HD channels look best. Be sure to change the cable box setup to output 1080 format. I've also got an inexpensive JVC DVD player with progressive scan output set to the 16:9 format. The DVD results look very good, although they're significantly lower resolution than HD channels.

C Schneider
Unregistered guest
I just got the HLP5063 and the samsung HD841. I hooked up using DVI and picture is great. Best DVD picture I've seen on a projection TV. DVD remote works TV too, which is convenient. You just need to know how to set up for DVI using composite cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us