What 32" tv to buy?

Username: Tabman

Post Number: 2
id like some advice regarding what 32" crt widescreen 100hz tv is the best choice in terms of sheer quality and in terms of price/quality pls

thanks in advance

Anonymous

not sure which is better, but I have to inform you a 32 set generally is too small to handle the full HDTV signal information available. You will quite literally have to sit 32 inches from the set to get the detail, if its there at all

Unless you got severe size restrictions, a better strategy w/b to drop that 1000 dollars on a Magnavox 51" HDTV Monitor (51MP392H) - CHEAP BUT EXCELLENT TV. Circuit City sells these as loss leaders, (Walmart too) and if you avoid the warranty ripoff they will push- YOU WIN. You will get a great tv at rock bottom price for true 1080i HDTV - just hook it into hi def cable box or satellite

now of course some people have size restriction issues - and that may limit size -in that case Sony's and Samsungs generally are pretty good

Username: Tabman

Post Number: 3
i would like o but i cant find that tv round these parts(Portugal) besides i dont feel to comfortable to import a tv set, its just a little too big and i fear something may happen to it on the way here

besides, i wasnt planning on getting hdtv, its riddiculous but hdtv doesnt have much success hereso there are virtually no cables/box sets nothing.... sigh, so that doesnt bother me not having

consequently im going for a samsung prolly unless some1 says something horrible bout them bc samsungs been fine for me

i wold like to know however if u could advise me on some points like is the picture quality of a crt that much worse the bigegr it is?; do u know if non widescreen broadcasts and games get much picture distortion if the picture is set to just?

if u have something other to say that could help me itd be more than welcome too, i really dont wanna rush and get a tv i might regret

Unregistered guest
Are you telling me that the HD Box that is necessary for true HD television can or would be the satellite receiver (I have Dish Network)? In other words I would not need a "special" receiver? Also I wonder if this thing is shipped fully assembled or not? I live on an island and would have to have it flown in (my Hitachi just died :-( ). It would not fit in the plane if it were fully assembled, does anyone know?

Anonymous

With an "HD-ready" set, there are a number of ways to get HI DEF signals

1. Hi def receiver for Dish Satellite
2. Hi def receiver for DIRECT TV Satellite
3. Over the Air Hi Def box (e.g Samsung)- then add an antenna

4. VOOM satellite (expected sale to Echostar/Dish)
5. Cable provided hi def box and service (e.g Comcast)

If you currently have regular Dish digital, to get HD you would normally need a new hi def receiver, perhaps with a dish upgrade

All receivers are in one piece as far as I know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us