Dish High Def 921 DVR

Bassic
Unregistered guest
Just got an email from DishNetwork and the 921 is finally available at half the price and ready to ship. $549 delivered to the front door in 4 to 7 days. Free instalation available if needed. Mine's on the way.

It is also listed on their web site

Username: Tims70ar

Lake Village, AR United States

Post Number: 2
I got that email also and am interested. How do you like it so far?

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 43
I hope it's better than their normal DVR's. Dish DVR's pretty much suck compared to Tivo and Comcast HD DVR. After you get it and play with it for a week, write us all a nice big review of your impressions.

My Comcast HD DVR is only $10/month and it works very similar to Tivo, which is by far the best DVR on the market. I wish Comcast and Dish would just license the Tivo OS to use on their DVR's instead of making their own that don't work as good. Be sure to let us know if you can record your local OTA HD broadcasts with it.

The Comcast HD DVR has 2 tuners to record 2 shows at once, local channels are received through the cable (Dish is OTA), only holds about 12 hours of HD, plus you get a ton of On Demand content some of it is in HD. After switching from DirecTV last month, I must say Comcast is by far the best choice for HD right now. They're cheaper (yes beleive it), no expensive hardware to purchase, local channels, and on demand content. The only negative I have so far is the HD DVR is slightly buggy, and the SD analog channels look like crap if you watch them through the DVR. But, I don't really care about SD, almost everything I watch is HD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us