Anyone with a SUCCESSFUL online purchase of their TV?

Hblaze
Unregistered guest
I would really appreciate anyone with an actual experience of buying from an etailer and had a positive experience, i.e., good price and actual delivery of the tv. I've been researching prices on Samsung HLP 6163w (and HLP 5674w) for a while through comparison sites such as the pricegrabber.com, shopping.com, nexttag.com, etc. and a few of them have good average ratings and prices that are about a grand less than at a local retailer. I'm just not sure how "real" these ratings are on these sites. I wonder, wisely so imo, how many of these ratings are bogus/fake done by the merchants themselves. Please share any successful and good experience with online shopping of your dlp, lcd, lcos, or whatever tv you have. Much appreciated.

Username: Ross_timothy

Post Number: 4
I purchased a $300 camera from abesofmaine.com and had NO problems (delivery was fast and everything went smooth).

I tried to purchase a Samsung 5085 (the "captain kirk" TV) from abesofmaine because I had a positive experience with them. I ended up purchasing this TV from dbuys.com. It was over $300 cheaper than abes. I paid extra for "white glove delivery" which means they bring it into your house and put it where you want it (well worth the $79 because I would have to lug this huge TV up 3 flights of stairs to my condo). I saved about $1000 over purchasing at BestBuys or Circuit City - it was a risk, but so far, it was worth it. My TV arrived with no problems and the delivery company was in communications with me until it was delivered.

One thing of caution - I purchased the extended warranty for $350. This warranty extends 3 years (so I now have the orginal 1 year plus another 3) -- sounds great. It is almost too good to be true - this warranty (from mackcam.com) does NOT replace the bulb and can take 4-6 weeks to repair any problem. I hope I don't have any problems because I have a feeling that I just wasted $350 for this warranty.

My issue with the warranty is not a "problem" with purchasing a TV over the internet - you can get warranties after you purchase your TV, I just wanted to let you know that if I were to purchase this TV again, I would not have purchased the warranty from mackcam.com.

Good luck in whatever decision you make!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us