Hitachi 50V500 v Pan. T-50LC14 v Sony KF50WE620

Anonymous

I have finally narrowed my search to 50' LCD RP TV's. Now I am trying to decide between the Hitachi 50V500, the Panasonic T-50LC14, and the Sony KF50WE620. The salesperson I spoke to today was favouring the Hitachi.
Any advice/thoughts on which one is best would be appretiated.

Thanks,
D

Shmole
Unregistered guest
Go The Sony!!
Salesman might get an extra $$$ for selling the Hitachi, Sony sells itself. Have a good look at the 2 pictures side by side...No Comparison. Sony has been at the top for years.

Username: Buzz

Post Number: 2
I had the T-50LC14 for a few days and returned it. It looked great in the store. The overall picture looked great in HD, but it had a soft look to it that could not be corrected with the sharpness control in the menu. Also it has a screen door effect that I noticed from time to time.
And the main reason I returned it was the screen has creases in it at the top where it is mounted to the frame. It is obvious when the tv is off and the screen is dark. If I would have seen that at the store I would have never bought it.

On the positive side, it has more inputs than anyone can ever use and I was impressed with the sound quality and the illuminated remote was nice too.

I am currently looking at the Sony KF-50WE620 at samsclub. It is the Canadian version of the WE655 and does not have HDMI inputs. My STB does not have HDMI anyway, so I dont really need to get the 655. The Hitachi's I have seen usually are brighter and have more contrast, but the black level is way off too. I think the Sony's have the most real looking picture out of the LCD RP units I have seen...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us