Mitsubishi CS-31303 pip

Username: Sierra1

Royal oak, Mi U.s

Post Number: 1
I have a 10 yr.old mitsubishi cs31303 pip, trying to get the pip to work. I have a cable box and dvd/vcr. Some how every way I hook it up it shows the same picture on the pip as the tv. The tv only has one coax conn. and the 3 r/l/video plug ins, the dvd/vcr has 3 plug ins also and in/out coax conn. The cable box only has in/out coax. Can somebody help me I'm in desperate need, I'm pulling my hair out?? Thanks

Unregistered guest
Sorry to hear about that. I know that Mits TVs of that vintage had problems with PIP. There's only one of two things that can be done about this. #1. Locate the PIP module inside of the set, pull it out and replace ALL of the electrolytic capacitors on the board. #2 is that you can pull out the PIP module, take 2 non - polorized electrolytic capacitors values: 1).01 uF @ 50v and 2) 4.7 uF @ 50v. Look at the VP connector on the main board. On the bottom of the board, take the .01uF capacitor and solder on leg to pin #7 and the other leg on pin #3. Then take the 4.7uF capacitor and solder one leg to pin #5 and the other leg to pin #11. This will restore your TV without the PIP function and is the cheapest way of doing it. Otherwise it will be costly and difficult to rebuild the PIP module.

I hope this may help.
Jason

Unregistered guest
Ignore my last post for that was for Mits of that model that shows problems in the picture, even when you are not using the PIP. It's for cases where you have no picture, picture jumps and rolls or that your picture is very dark. In your case, (after rereading your post again) lol... Some sets you can only view external inputs in the PIP mode at the same time you are watching channels in nomal view and visa verse. The set may have antenna A and B coax on the back, but does not have two seprate tuners built inside, thus not being able to watch one channel in the PIP mode and another on the normal screen viewing. On some Mits models, you need the remote in order the switch the video inputs on the PIP mode.

If you can afford it, find a set (Mits, Panasonic or Sony (my personal prefrence)) and purchase a set that has PIP along with dual tunners. Some of the newer sets, you can have multiple picture windows capable of viewing the video inputs and different channels at the same time.

Good luck!!
Jason

Unregistered guest
11 year old Mitsubishi CS31303 does turn on. When I try to power up the set, the switch clicks on and then immediately shuts off. Intermittant problem. Can work for months on end without difficulty then without warning, acts up. After setting unused for several days, set will once again function properly. Any suggestions would be helpful.

bmaz911
Unregistered guest
East Aurora I would be of no help but would be interested to hear if you find anything out. I currently have the same problem with mine, but now I fear that it is totally done. Will only click on and go right back off, never any picture or sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us