Rethinking upgrade from Mits 52725 to 62725

Username: Wrkhrd2playhrd

Post Number: 2
I originally purchased the mits 52" 7 series DLP set. I had the set for about a week and as expected the set "shrunk" everyday. By mid week I was having buyer remorse for not getting the 62" and hence, I had the retailer swap out the 52" for the 62" set (retailer had a no cost 30 day swap option).

While I love the larger display, the picture quality is not the same on the larger set. The picture on the 52" set was much sharper with a lot less snow/grainyess. When I first saw Discovery HD on the 52" set I was blown away by the clarity and the vibrance of the colors (after calibrating the set using Video Essentials). Now when I watch the same channel on the 62" set (also post Video Essentials), while the image is clearly larger (and more immersive), it does not have the sharpeness and clarity of the 52" set and the picture looks more grainy. I love the size of the set, however, the picture clarity wow factor is clearly several notches lower. To top things off, I'm experiencing some of the green glow on skin tones (having tech some out assess the problem).

Bottomline, I was so stoked by the 52" set that I thought the 62" would simply be mind blowing, given the increase size. I hate to admit it, but this is not the case. All this being said, if I hadn't seen the 52" set, I would have thought the pic on the 62" was good (but still not phenomenal).

I'm guessing the light engine is the same for both sets and hence, asking the same light engine to cover a larger screen is resulting in this degradation in quality. Would you agree?

Also, can anyone who has had the green glow problem give me some more detail on how this was addressed (I have read through some of the posts on this matter). Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us