Has Intel abandoned its LCoS chip?

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 53
Someone told me, today, that Intel has given up on the development of its LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) chip. Or at least delayed it. Is there any truth to this? Also, is it true that it will be 1080p?

Thanks,
Ryan

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Yes, it is true that they cancelled the development of the chip. Go look at the Intel site and search the press releases for it. They announced that either late summer or early fall.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
thanks tvshopper!

so who can we hope to see developing this technology?

Bronze Member
Username: Dmako

Post Number: 37
re: so who can we hope to see developing this technology?

JVC and Sony

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
When is sony's coming out?
is it out already?
What technology does their Grand Wega use?

Thanks,
Ryan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
RE Sony:

http://www.insightmedia.info/news/SonyUpdatesLCOSMicrodisplayTechnology.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
thank you for the link, that was most helpful!

does LCoS technology use a color wheel, like DLP?? could you briefly explain in layman's terms?

Thanks again,
Ryan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
RE: does LCoS technology use a color wheel, like DLP?? could you briefly explain in layman's terms?

Color wheel NO, thats why I like it all three colors (RGB) sent at the same time read NO rainbows.

Take a look here:
http://www.jvc.com/Presentations/HDILA/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Dave,

That's great. Thank you, again, for the informative and helpful link. I would like to keep this conversation going, if that's okay with you.

Are you also waiting on developing technologies in order to make a final decision on which big-screen HDTV to buy? That's my situation. I am/was a big DLP fan, and until now, was fairly convinced that I was going to go with that technology. But, now, I may have to wait for the next LCOS design.

What TV do you own, or what TV are you waiting for? When do you think Sony will release there LCOS design (the one that you sent me a link about)? And do you think that Sony has the most anticipated/best LCOS technology? I've heard that Hitachi is also pursuing this technology and expects to put out an LCOS TV. Do you know who originally engineered/discovered this technology? Or who has been playing with it the longest?

Most sincere thanks,
Ryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us