Who owns a Mits WD 825 series?

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 52
Hello,

This is the TV that I am interested in buying. The WD52825 specifically. I am curious if anyone out there owns one, and if they wouldn't mind giving us all a review? Also, how high is the stand that you have it on. I've seen a couple of posts say that anywhere from 12-20" is a good height for these TVs.

Any insights or opinions you want to share would be greatly appreciated!!

Ryan

Unregistered guest
i own a WD62825. same exact electronics, just a different lense and screen size. this thing can be aggrevating if you are not technologically inclined. i am in home theater sales and make it a point to know electronics front to back and this peice still has some technical issues that only a firmware update will solve. fortunately mitsubishi releases these updates frequently as not all cable/sattelite providers use the exact same firmware....so there are compatibility issues that you might want to look into. if you plan on using the hard disc recorder in the tv to it's full potential, you MUST connect the tv to your cable/dbs receiver via firewire (IEEE1394) or HDMI. if you do not connect that way, you will be limited to recording off of only the analog A/V inputs - not including component video, or off of the built in ATSC/NTSC Tuner. if you decide to use the cable card then you might have some difficulty setting it up. i have found that this is only solveable by deleting the entire netcommand configuration. dealing w/ mitsubishi to get the firmware updates can be a bit of a hassle as well, however, when you do have this tv working it's STUNNING! i have been selling high end home theater products for a long time and have not seen a single other dlp or lcd come close to the color saturation, contrast and amount of detail this tv has. glare can be an issue based on WHERE your lighting comes from. as far as a stand goes, i have mine set up about 15" off the floor and it's just fine. i just wish i could get the dvr working w/ the firewire input. if that worked, i would have no complaints at all.

if anyone has questions on this set, feel free to email me w/ them as i am willing to help troubleshoot any issues or answer any questions.

Unregistered guest
Mr Daniel, I also have a 62825 and was told by Mits that the PVR can pause & record only if the signal is coming from the Mitsu tuner; if it's a component video from my satellite receiver, I'm out of luck. Wish I'd known that before buying this beast! Pls let me know how I can configure it to work with HDMI from the Stellite receiver (It has NO firewire output) Thanks

Unregistered guest
unfortunately since HDMI doesn't transfer controls, like to change the channel to a timer recording when you aren't there, you won't be able to take full advantage of your PVR. you will only be able to pause and record LIVE tv. hopefully you find a way to get an HD DBS receiver that has Firewire Outputs. good luck

Unregistered guest
I have a WD58225, the picture is excellent, the issues with the DVR are most likely due to copyright issues with the studios and lawyers. The PVR(DVR) can record over the air hd and any analog signal fed into it. Sounds like the damn lawyers to me. I don't use the cablecard, but an HD DirecTV card would be bueno!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us