COX Cable

Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know if it's legal for me to split my COX TV cable inside my house so I can run it into the next room and hook up another TV ?

Chuck

tx510
Unregistered guest
There is no illegality in splitting unscrambled basic cable that you have paid for. Using a 'cheater box' to descramble unpaid channels would lead you afoul of the law.

Post Number: 5
Is it legal for me to open the COX cable box on the side of the house. One of the cables they installed goes to a room upstairs from the connector box, that room is now empty and I want to run that cable downstairs to another tv.

Chuck

tx510
Unregistered guest
If there is not a padlock you can change the cable connections on your splitter. (Just make sure you don't touch the neighbors connections!)

Post Number: 6
>>Just make sure you don't touch the neighbors connections!)<<
It's on the side of my house, my neighbor better not be hooked up to it.
Thanks for the response.

Chuck

Post Number: 7
>>If there is not a padlock you can change the cable connections on your splitter.<<

There's no padlock on the box, I'm talking about the one on the side of my house, not the one down by the street, I wouldn't dare go near that one. But even though there's not a padlock there is some kind of nut attached to what looks like a cut off piece of coax cable protruding out from the hole. How do I get it off? If you'd like i can try and take a digital pic. of it and post it. But perhaps you already know what I'm refering to.
Chuck

April
Unregistered guest
Wise up. How much do they overcharge to donate
millions back to our community? Do they use these same donations as tax deductions on local, state, or federal taxes?

Post Number: 9
I had no idea they donated money back to the community. I take back some of the bad things I have said about them. I wonder if the satellite tv companies donate also.

Chuck

Username: May

Post Number: 1
I'm glad April pointed that out about COX. My cousin works for them and he never mentioned that they are so generous and give to the community, I think that is great and more companies should do the same.

MAY

Ken Harkins
Unregistered guest
what in the heck are you guys talking about? i thought this was a forum on home theater questions.
i am also curious as to what the nut is connected to coax. does anyone have any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us