Samsung 5085 - HDMI Issue

Anonymous

Just bought a 5085 - Love the picture, no complaints at all on that end. Decided to go all in and got the HDMI cable (2M Monster). I set my cable box to pass through (I know it's not a true pass through since it uncompresses the signal) and found that when I switched from an HD source that was broadcast in 1080i to one that was 720p (ABC), the TV would go blank, the audio would crackle and 9 times out of 10 the screen would turn green and freeze up. I hooked up the component cables that came with my HD set top cable box and switched inputs and the transition from 1080i to 720p was fine, with only a slight delay. Anyone have any thoughts as to why the HDMI cable is causing a problem? My solution was to set the cable box to output 1080i only (I only have one 720p channel) and the HDMI works fine. But this does mean that there's a "double" conversion when I watch the 720p channel. Anyone else experience this?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
No it means that the software version your cable company is using for your STB has the "HDCP" handshake bug. A temporary workaround if you wish to stay in pass-through mode is to turn your STB off and back on when the problem occurs. Although this is not the best advice to offer to an owner of a DLP display it should obscure the symptom but your cable company must solve the problem.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us