LCOS TV's compared to dlp, lcd,crt

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 57
Any one have one, seen one, What you think!

How the compare to the others dlp, lcd crt.

This stuff is so frustrating lol

Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 7
Are you talking about the current JVC D-ILA sets or the Phillips LCoS?

Username: Jlandry

Post Number: 7
I am interested in this topic also. What is the difference between the jvc and phillips, and slo the diffrence between those and the dlp's?

Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 9
Go here for more:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=54f790435e977af02d3d55489dd1b4 39&forumid=63

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
the jvc is a lcos tv the Dila is just what the changed the name too. but ya.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) has been one of the most eagerly-awaited big-screen TV display technologies. And one of the highest-performing LCoS designs is JVC's D-ILA (Direct-drive Image Light Amplifier). JVC has had more experience and success developing this advanced microdisplay design than anyone else.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 258
JVC uses a 3 ship system.
Philips (who dropped LCoS) used a single chip and a color wheel. Just like DLP, you have problems with Rainbows. Sony has just released a 3 chip LCoS system too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Philips still list there lcos 60 in on there web site still perhaps the just dropped the 55

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 260
They dropped all LCoS production. You can read about it here:
http://www.twice.com/article/CA470481.html?display=breaking+news

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 58
Has Sony released an LCoS model??

What is its model number?

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 286
Model- KDS70XBR100

1080p, 70" SXRD (LCoS) display. Retail $10,000.

Anonymous

In recent months (after examing all types of hi def) I too looked into a JVC D-ILA Lcos at around 4000 for the 60 inch. The techology looked ok -but I honestly doubt it can match these new generation LCD front projectors - which fortunately some articles referenced on ecoustics last month tuned me into this

Using a Panasonic PT-AE7000U LCD FRONT PROJECTOR (COST 2200) hooked into a Comcast provided Motorola high def video recorder DCT 6400 -with DVI to HDMI connections - I am getting extraordinary results - basically beyond theater quality- approaching IMAX level on some of the better quality signals - testing on an 80 inch diagonal - with no visible screen door effects from as close as 6 feet viewing distance

I think for videophiles - these new generation projectors will put many of the debates to rest

Screen cost will be less than 200 dollars for my new 92 inch on the way - and with table mounts -its pure do it yourself

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 61
Thank you Mr. Lynch!

That's a bit out of my price range, and a little too big to fit in my living room. Do you know if and when they plan to release more mainstream models using their SXRD technology? And are they expecting this technology to be their flagship HDTV? Also, do you know if Hitachi is pursuing an LCOS design?

Thank you for your help!
Ryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us