Comcast Signal Quality versus Directv?

Username: Bmsnyder

Braintree, MA United States

Post Number: 2
I am thinking of dumping DirecTV and my Tivo to take advantage of the Comcast $400 buy back. I am going to get a 2 tuner HDTV DVR from them here in the Boston area for only $10/month (versus $1000 for Directv HD DVR) Problem is, I heard the signal with Comcast is not good on all non HD Channels like DirecTV. I am hooking up to a 60" LCD. The circuit city guy said they are going to all digital channels effective Jan. 1-does anyone know if this is true and will solve the problems of the crumby analog signal through Comcast on some channels I have heard of?
Thanks!
B

Username: Psu828694

Post Number: 7
Brian,

I live in the Philly area and have a brother in law high up in Comcast. Anyway, he just told me the exact thing over Thanksgiving. They need to be able to compete with the Dish Network peeps. I do not like Comcast but I have never been a believer in dish anything. Besides, Comcast does have the best cable internet around. Good Luck!

BTW, I am waiting on my 55" LCD Sony to be delivered the 19th!! :-)

Rog C.
Unregistered guest
I am also interested in the same question that Brian S. has asked.... I currently have basic cable from Comcast & recently bought a Sony XBR960 HDTV. I don't care for too much except the local stations (I am a big fan of the sitcoms!!!). I do like the $10/month for HD Box+DVR option from comcast.

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area & am not sure if Comcast is already digital or switching to digital signals soon. Any more info about the analog channel signal quality is appreciated! Thanks, -R

Anonymous

I have HDTV via a 92 inch screen front lcd projector (PT AE700U) and using DVI/HDMI cables -(MOTOROLA HI DEF TO PROJECTOR link) -i am getting pristine hi def pictures
'
Now note i also have over the air SAMSUNG TUNERS which of course pick up uncompressed signals - and yet Comcast - despite compression schemes - looks as good on HI DEF

in addition comcast doesn't make you buy the hi def video digital hard-disc recorder - unlike directTV etc. By the way this digital recorder makes perfect HI DEF copies for use on the hard drive - for playback

Note Voom doesn't even have hi def recordability yet

as for regular tv - everything will look bad when you see true hi def on a large screen - although digital (Non-hi def) signals look presentable at times
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us