Spacial dependent Pixialization on SCD80

Username: Mdtkd

Boerne , Texas US

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung SCD80. When dumping video to a PC I get pixialization of the video. But if I move the camera around on the desk I can get rid of it. I have tried various changes like moving the connection to the fire wire port or changing to a analog input to the PC or just recording to a VCR. Not a cleaning problem on tape or connectors. Not an impedance problem with wires. Cannot figure it out. Does anyone have an Idea other than two pounds of c4 attached to the camera.

liger
Unregistered guest
ya use 6 pounds of c4. otherwise try a better grade cable or worse get a new camerea

Username: Mdtkd

Boerne , Texas US

Post Number: 2
For anyone else who has the problem I have since found out that if I mount the camera on a tripod while I am downloading the video to the PC the pixalization of the video goes away. It appears to be pressure on the tape door that causes the problem which would also explain why in some positions on the desk it worked fine and in others not. The screw post support I guess causes the stress of the weight to be such that the door and tape support slide is not twisted or squeezed. If the design had another 1/16th of an inch around the mechanism it probably would not happen. It is a tight design.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us