HDMI-input ...

Username: Puffi

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer 43" PDP-434HDG Plasma TV (Pure Vision) with a PDP-R04G Media Receiver (has HDMI no DVI, no D1/D2/D3/D4) and a Jpn Pioneer DV-464-S DVD Player which has only a D1/D2 connector, but no DVI or HDMI output? I have a cable which converts from D1/D2 to component. But is it then still digital? The screen says 525p component ???
In order to watch 720p/1080i do I have to buy another DVD-Player?
How abour CATV? Local so-called digital CATV Tuner have only S-Video, component or D2 output.
Is this then still HDTV??? Or should I forget about it? Better to connect to BS-satellite TV??
Please asdise and send an Email to
ulrich.schwarz@avl.com
cheers ulli from Tokyo

Greg Conquest
Unregistered guest
No, it's not. I am not sure about the Japanese D tanshi (D1/D2/D3/D4) being analog or digital, but I am sure about the red/blue/yellow(?) component cables. It is analog -- the highest quality analog -- but nonetheless analog.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-8900_7-5132426-1.html
This site has a easy-to-understand description of HDMI and DVI.

Maybe you can get a D-tanshi to HDMI cable(?), or . . . actually now I am confused. You've listed three components inyour video system, but you've listed inputs/outputs for only two of them.

I'm guessing that you didn't list your TV's inputs because you want everything to go through your media receiver???? You can get DVI to HDMI cables (audio has to be carried separately).

Short of more info, I'd say you need a media receiver than can take more than just HDMI.

Greg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us