Rear projection TV advice acquired

Anonymous

im trying to find a good rear projection tv for my room. i will be using it for dvd movies, tv programes, and the ps2 games. id really like to know which will be a good buy in terms picture quality and durability. i have checkout the sony wide screen only. im looking for a 46inch tv size. also how many meters are required to watch the tv from a proper viewing point. answers will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

what going on. no advice

Bronze Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 32
Usually, it's 2-2.5 times the screen size. So 8' for a 42", 10' for a 50", 12' for a 60". and so on. There are so many choices, best is to go through some threads here, write down some names mentioned and research them.

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
I have a 52" Mitsubishi and my viewing distance is 7-15 feet and it looks great. I looked at many different sets and decided to get one with the dlp chip from Texas Instu. The LCD's looked great as well but can suffer from screen burn-in while the dlp's do not. The new dlp's with the hd2+ chips are excellent. I would also suggest that you get a tv with a 7-segment color wheel if you go with the dlp. The 7-segment wheel gives greater contrast, reduces or eliminates the rainbow effect of early models, and provides a great picture. Models that use the new chip are Samsung, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Panasonic, and RCA. You need to research carefully to ensure that the set has the new chip. I don't think you can go wrong with either an LCD or a dlp.

Bronze Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 39
LCDs do NOT suffer from burn in. DLPs cause headaches, LCDs and LCOS do NOT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us