Help choosing an RPTV

Unregistered guest
I have been shopping for a CRT RPTV since the prices are reasonable compared to many other HDTVs. I have become hung up on "horizontal resolution". I really like the panasonic 57WX57, but it's specs say that its horizontal resolution is 850. Samsung states 1000, and JVC says 1200. So does this mean that the panasonic will not have as high a picture quality as one of these other TVs?

Does anyone have a 57WX57 or know anything about them?

Thanks,
Erik

Unregistered guest
Sorry... Mistake in my post the model number is:

53WX53

Anonymous

I am glad that there are still people looking for CRT RPTV. With all the hypes of plasma, LCD and DLP projection, it seems like no one cares about these reliable work horses any more. One good thing is that these fixed pixel TVs are keeping the price pressure on CRT RPTV.

I am by no means an expert on HDTV but I know that the picture quality is not a pure measure of horizontal resolution. To be called HD, the TV needs to be able to display either 720P or 1080i or both. So, as your post title suggests, to choose a RPTV, factors you should consider are:
- space, to house the TV and viewing distance
- ability to adjust convergence (focus)
- subjective picture quality (it has to look good to you)
- connectivity (DVI, IEEE, RGB, S-Video, etc.)
- anti-reflection quality
- the cabinet design (it is a big piece of furniture)

No other TV will give you the theatre experience like CRT RPTV. Good luck shopping.

Anonymous

Well, I shouldn't say no other TV will give you the theatre experience. The front projections definitely would. But they are not very popular.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us