Sony KDF55WF655 Vertical Scan Lines

Anonymous

Are vertical scan lines part of the vaunted screen door effect? I see them during scene transisitions but most often when there is fast action on the screen. Is this something I can correct or is it just part of the deal with RP LCD TV's? They are driving me nuts. I have a Onkyo Home Theater System (w/ progressive scan DVD). Btw, I searched for this topic and found a few hits but no one had a solution. Thanks in advance for the response.

Username: Psu828694

Post Number: 1
I am 95% sure that I am buying that same tv this week. Please tell me if you are unhappy. I have watched it in CC for several hours on and off, and i love it.

Thanks

Anonymous

It's a nice set. I'm just very picky about picture quality and the vertical lines are annoying. You might not see them (my wife thinks I'm crazy). The rest of the features on this unit are nice (split screen, built in tuner, hdmi, etc), but I cannot get those lines out of my head. They are subtle but they are there. If you've watched it for that long and have not seen them, then you should really enjoy this set.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply. I have watched it and see lines up close. Say, within 6-7 feet in towards the set. How close are you viewing it from? I would be around 13 feet in my basement, so I have been watching at that range in CC. I am locked in because my wife is making me. I have been going crazy between DLP and LCD. For me watching them close to each other, the lcd is so bright and sharp, and the dlp moving parts scare me some. I am returning another CRT projection I bought for the lcd I hope..

One last question, did u notice a huge difference between your model and the step up 55xs955? It has something called "live color"

Thanks. :-)

P.s is their any fan noise??

Anonymous

I'm about 9 feet away. The xs model has a few enhancements (two HDMI, better speakers, and live color) but I didn't notice any difference in picture when I watched them side by side. I would imagine that both systems have similar/same internals. The fan noise is very muted and is only heard when the room is absolutely quiet. It's definitely not a show stopper since 99.9% of the time you have the volume cranked up :-) The XS is worth it in my opinion, since it has two HDMI ports. Nothing worse than running out of ports. Bottom line: Enjoy your new TV and don't worry about it like I did....not fun.

Post Number: 4
So are you taking it back? At 9 feet, you may need to go with smaller screen. I would suggest the 50" or 42", maybe. Both nice! What was your fianll choice to go LCD over DLP. I'm curious. For me, it is the chance of parts breaking inside and I just love the vibrant Sony. I do not want to buy the extended warrenty.

dave4869tg
Unregistered guest
I would buy the extended warrenty. What's another 300 bucks when you have spent thousands...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us