Halo 2 on Widescreen RPTV

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 179
I started playing Halo 2 CO-OP mode and I was disappointed to see the screen was split vertically. Player 1 on the left, player 2 on the right. You really cannot see much playing this way. I found out that if you switch the XBox settings from "widescreen" to "letterbox" you can play with a horizonally split screen (top/bottom). It makes the game much more enjoyable IMO. On my 52" JVC DiLA changing the Xbox setting did not effect the single player, you still get a full widescreen view. Also, if you have the L.E. version checkout the surround system test, it is pretty cool. Just thought I'd share that with you gamers out there.

Jimbo in Dallas
Unregistered guest
Thanks Mr. Lynch. Hehe! I think I'll be adding an Xbox and Halo 2 to my Xmas list.

thedevilman
Unregistered guest
if you want to effect some change on the split-screen issue... go to the Bungie website and vote on it.

Vote on the Halo 2 Horizontal/Vertical Split-Screen Issue HERE!
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=1048171

many people would like to take advantage of their widescreen (16:9) tvz AND have a horizontal (top and bottom) split. turning to fullscreen mode iz just not a gr8 solution for many. at least the option would be a good thing. the people over at bungie are pretty good at responding to their fanz so go there and vote to try and effect some change!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us