DVD recorder orplayer that has firewire or ilink (IEEE 1394) connection

Username: Griff

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I am looking for a DVD player or recorder that as a connection for firewire in/out. Most of the players/recorders I found only have firewire (IEEE 1394) in, so you can record from a peripheral to the DVD recorder (i.e. from your digital video camera to DVD player). I thought all firewire ports were in/out. Am I right. I am looking for a DVD player/recorder that has a firewire OUT port, so In theory could I record something with the DVD recorder, hook up a peripheral (like my digital video camera) with the firewire and record from the DVD player to my peripheral? For instance I could copy my friends wedding DVD to my digital video camera, since no DVD burner is availale...
Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks

Not a sheep
Unregistered guest
It is my understanding that any DVD player which can play CSS encrypted media, by agreement with the movie industry and DVD consortium, can not have any unencrypted digital output of any type. If a manufacturer were to make such a device, then it would not be allowed to incorporate the CSS decrypter and would hence have such a small market applicability that no manufacture that I know of is willing to make it. Yes, there are analog outputs, but you will discover that they incorperate Macrovision to prevent VCR recording of output from a DVD player. Still think Digital Restriction Management is not your problem? Or that DRM does not effect or deter innovation?

Scuba
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for a DVD Recorder with Firewire as well. Lite On IT makes some, but I'm not sure if they're any good. (http://www.liteonit.com)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us