Mitsubishi WD-62525 Glare Screen

Username: Joey04

Post Number: 1
I am an HDTV Newbie looking to buy my first HDTV, and had been leaning towards the Mitsubishi WD-62525. I am holding out until Post-Thanksgiving (Black Friday) sales before I purchase.

For several weeks, I thought the WD-62525 was going to be the one I purchase. I have been doing some online research, and reading some fantastic reviews for the TV.

However, I went to Best Buy today to see the TV again, and it just didn't look very good with that "dark glassy lens" covering it. (I didn't see any tilt or rainbow effects, and I was looking very critcally for them!) I also went to a Tweeters that had a WD-62725, but it didn't look that much better.

Compared to the Mitsubishi with the dark screen, the Sony LCD TV without the screen looked a lot more "bright and powerful", although its screen door effects could be seen from 10 feet away!

So my question is to owners of the WD-62525 (or WD-52525) HDTVs, what do you do about that screen? Do you just take the screen off? Do you put the TV in a room with no windows? Or does the glare screen not bother you at all?

Really appreciate your inputs, because this is a lot of money I am going to be spending!

Joey
Irving, TX

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
I just returned a Mits WD-62525 to Sears I had for almost two months. I couldn't take the fan noise and fan is "always on" on this TV. TV is also not energy star compliant. Anti-glare screen is terrible and left on or off glare was unacceptable to me. I bought a Sony 60XS955 and haven't looked back. Fabulous anti-glare screen and no fan noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us