Quality with DVI, Component, Coax varies

Jmarc40
Unregistered guest
TV is 42in Panasonic Plasma TH42PD25
HD Cablebox is Scientific Atlantic 4200HD
Cable Provider is Cablevison IO

I'm amazed at the difference in quaility when I hook the cable box to my TV with different connections!

The coax cable output comes in clearer than both the Component and DVI-HDMI for non-hd channels.

The Coax and Component outputs come in much brighter than the DVI output for both HD and regular.

Hence, I spent all this money on a DVI-HDMI cable and it gives me the worse quality of the 3! And, even the component output comes fuzzier than the coax output.

Can someone help me in making sense of this and let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I would hate to be spending all this money on a TV and cables, and not get the best quality.

I appreciate any 'input'.

Thanks.

John

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Your TV has an internal tuner with a higher quality than the cable box. Quite common on upper end TV's. Where you will benefit from either component or DVI cables in a progressive mode (DVD Player) or from an HD signal (720P or 1080i).

In other words you are doing nothing wrong at all. You will however lose any digital channels above 100 that you may subscribe to from your cable company. If you have only the basic cable package I'd just run the coax directly into your TV and use it's internal tuner.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us