Hitachi 50VS810

Username: Busyborn

Post Number: 5
i recently purchased a Hitachi 50VS810. So far the picture has been great, the HD is incredible and the SD (from Direct TV) has been okay most of the time, some shows very good, some shows not real good.

i have one issue and that is fan noise. i sit about 8ft from the TV and when the volume is turned all the way down i can hear the fan. i have to turn up the volume to about 13 before it drowns out the fan.

is this considered normal noise. it seems loud to me. i am still in my 30 day period from CC so i have them coming out to look at it. if they can't correct it, even though i hate to, i will most likely send it back.

Is this amount of noise normal, if not, are there any DLP or LCD out there that are quieter.

i prefer the LCD's mainly because they seem to do better on SD, the one's of have looked at are the Sony 655 and the Panasonic LCD.

Any opinions on which direction i should head if CC can't quiet the TV.

thanks

Strati
Unregistered guest
Busyborn,
Check out the Samsung HLP5085. The fan on this model is incredibly quiet!
There were a lot of complaints with the older models so I wanted to hear this for myself. I literaly went behind the tv and it wasn't until I crouched down on my knees and put my ear a few inches from the fan that I heard a whisper of air, NOT the fan, just a whisper of air.
Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself. Both the PQ and the silence of the fan will blow you away!

Username: Busyborn

Post Number: 6
Strati, how does the HLP5085 handle SD pictures. Most of what i watch is SD so i need a TV that handles them as well.

i have seen the PQ of the HLP5085 and i agree it is awesome. i just wish i wasnt on that pedistal.

Strati
Unregistered guest
Busyborn, SD looks great on the HLP5085. Again, you owe it to yourself to go to CC and make those sales guys work for you. You're paying big $$$. Spend whatever amount of time you feel you need and let them show you what SD looks like on each TV.
However, DON'T buy a TV by what it looks like in SD. These TVs are meant for HD...period! Just remember, although you don't have HD now, you'll have HD much longer than SD (which will be short lived).
If the pedestal is not a good option for you the 74 series is coming out next month (without the pedestal)
The Hitachi 50VS810 is one of the top models out there right now. But if the fan noise bothers you, it certainly won't get better over time.
If I can leave you with the best advise, and now I'm repeating myself....Make them work you!

MDCHappy
Unregistered guest
Busyborn, I have had the 50VS810 for one week. I can only hear the fan during the cool down period after turning off the set.

Username: Fani

Post Number: 1
I had the Samsung HLP 5063W for about a week. The HD picture is amazing. ( I don't like the auto 720p conversion of all formats though ). However, the SD is not at all good. I have 0 HD channels now and am struggling to get the OTA HD hooked up.
So I exchanged it for Hitachi 50VS810 and it just blew me away. The PQ is incredible ( even on SD ). Turn on the low noise reduction etc. features and the SD PQ is amazing on most channels. However, on the samsung even when I turned on this low noise reduction option, SD wasn't as good.
There is no fan noise on hitachi or samsung ( samsung had lower volume so I turned the volume up which drowned fan noise if any anyway )

My choice -- Hitachi 50VS810 ( especially if you're a gamer )

Anon Amous
Unregistered guest
Fani, You're not comparing "Oranges to Oranges". No question about it, the Hitachi 50VS810 does have a better PQ than the Samsung 5063W....However you should be comparing it to the Samsung HLP5085W. Now you're talking with true intelligence!

Username: Fani

Post Number: 2
What makes the HLP5085W a true comparison over HLP5063W?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us