Sanyo VCR

bambootiger
Unregistered guest
My VCR will not tape shows correctly all of a sudden. It keeps showing "Clock Set" in the middle of the screen. But I've set the clock and it's correct.
What's going on?

ds2r%fs!hfh
Unregistered guest
Got the same problem - read the manual and it tells you how the automatic clock setting works. I tried all those tricks and nothing gets rid of it. It is VERY irritating. If anyone knows the answer, let us know. Thanx

ds2r%fs!hfh
Unregistered guest
Found the solution here:
http://sanyoservice.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sanyoservice.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.ph p?p_faqid=322&p_created=1006382952&p_sid=BnEJujrh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3 J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEyMiZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPXNlYXJjaF9ubC ZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT0mcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleH Q9Y2xvY2sgc2V0&p_li=

But it didn't work for me. Instead, I had to remove power from the VCR for a couple of hours to let it reset, then let it do the automatic channel search + clock update and its all good now.

batman10222
Unregistered guest
I Have a sanyo dvw-5000 combo dvd and vcr it is 3 years old but used very little,lately it stopped ejecting discs but it plays them o.k. I took the cover off and it seems the magnetic disc won't let go to let the tray come out. Could the belt be at fault? please help, thanks.

Unregistered guest
HOLA: TENGO UN VCR SANYO DVW-5000, EXTRAVIE EL MANUAL DE USUARIO Y NO SE CUAL ES LA CONTRASEYA DE FABRICA PARA ENTRAR AL MENU, Y ADEMAS QUISIERA SABER SI ALGUIEN TIENE ALGUN CODIGO O CONTROLADOR PARA CONVERTIRLO A MULTIREGION QUE ME PUDIERA FACILITAR O VENDER. GRACIAS Y SUERTE A TODOS

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 100
Say what?

Unregistered guest
I have a sanyo vhr 778 recorder and can't find manual. Am trying to change channels that have been set up automatically. Channel 4 is showing as 7 and i want to amend it. Can anyone help me?

Unregistered guest
I have an older Sanyo VCR. It's probably from 1996 or something aroudn there. The original remote stopped working, and I can no longer switch from regular channels, TO L1 or L2. Does anyone know of any way to switch to those INPUT channels without a remote? I also bought a universal remote that won't do the jobe.

Unregistered guest
I have an older Sanyo VCR. It's probably from 1996 or something aroudn there. The original remote stopped working, and I can no longer switch from regular channels, TO L1 or L2. Does anyone know of any way to switch to those INPUT channels without a remote? I also bought a universal remote that won't do the job.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1032
Try opening the remote and cleaning the buttons and circuit board. Do it very lightly, Sanyo remotes suck and don't have much coating on the small contacts.

Anonymous

ive just bought a freeview box,have connected it properly but have no manual for vcr.how do i tune the vcr to the freeview box.i cant get any on screen instructions.vcr is vhr 778

Unregistered guest
I have a DVW-500 DVD/VCR combo
i set the time record... it acted like it was taping... and proved it did when i put it in another vcr.
When i try to play it in mine.. it says (after you push play) A-Tr
ANY CLUES what is wrong.. no cables are off..
NO SOUND NO PICTURE

Melissa D.
Unregistered guest
I've got to record the football game for my husband and I have long since lost the manuel and remote (if it ever had one). Anyhow all I can get it to do is instant record. It's probably a 2002-2003 model.

Melissa D
Unregistered guest
Cheryl,
I would double check and make sure the cables are in the right place. Alot of times my kids pull them out and put them back in the wrong spot.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone kow where to get a replacement motor for the Sanyo DVW-5000 DVD tray? My eye isn't raisiing to its full height due to a faulty motor.

junegrl
Unregistered guest
I've lost my manual to my sanyo vcr(its probably 96 model) Anyway I've set the timer to time a show monday at 2pm. Will the vcr automatically come on at that time and record?
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1733
If the timer is turned on.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sayno Model DVW - 5000 DVD/VHS player Built in July 2002 and I can not get the DVD tray to open. I do not have the operations manuel available. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

aw
Unregistered guest
I have an older Sanyo model and have lost the manuel. The time of day clock keeps flashing, with the incorrect time. How do I change it to the correct time.

Anonymous

All I want to know is how to program the remote to have it control the volume on an RCA tv.
Does anyone still have the manual handy? Does anyone even still use this thing?
Sanyo's website totally sucks. Zero support value.

Username: Dewaldtl

Post Number: 1
Currently though I'm having a problem with my DVW-5000, not raising up high enough to read the disc. It could be a side effect to the masking tape above, but I've reset the gears to the drawer and it seems to working just fine as long as I leave a CD in the machine at all times. If the door closes with out a disc, I have to open it up again and reset the gears.

Username: Dewaldtl

Post Number: 2
Miles & batman10222,
I had the same problem with my DVW-5000.
After removing the cover, There is a "bridge" over the DVD, the magnetic disc. Remove it, by removing the two screws. Next carefully remove the white disc. I then cut small strips of masking tape and placed it along the edge the disc sits on. I don't remember how many layers, I just keeped adding and removing them until it worked

Username: Letitiav

Post Number: 1
I have lost the manual for my Sanyo VCR. I have set the program to record, but I can't figure out how to get the timer button to click on without the record button coming on, too. Instead of my vcr taping my programs at the designated times,it begins recording immediately. What am I doing wrong? (The only way I can get the timer light to come on is to press the record button twice .) My question is how does one set the timer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us