Projection TV - Digital or Analog?

Darrell
I'm shopping for a projection TV. I don't have a ton of money to spend and I'm wondering if a 54" analog TV is a good purchase or a bad idea. I watch mostly Satelite TV. Very rarely rent DVD's.

Darrell
I'm just wondering if there is any chance anolog tv's will become obsolete any time soon.

Anonymous
I would go with the 54" akai @ samsclub it is 1300.00 and it is hdtv ready awsom picture, you will not be dissapointed

Darrell
I'm in Canada. No Samsclub here :( Maybe I'll keep looking and see if I can find an HDTV ready at a good price

Analog TV's will be obsolete in 2007.

Anonymous
Analog may be obsolete to the videophile, but they will have to sell adapters, etc for those with analog TV. Every person in America is not going to have to buy a new TV. With the adapters the picture would be same quality as you have now. Although seeing HDTV, the quality is spectacular. The price will come down as the date approaches.

Darrell,

I am thinking of buying the same samsclub akai prjection t.v.

Did you buy it? and if so, how do you like it.

It is a good deal for the price.

Sams Has 2 models both 54" 5498 and 5492S thefirst has 1000 lines of horizontal resolution the second has 850 lines resolution the only real difference i saw between the two was price and aspect ratio.

Rene
Sam's club in Auburn Wa. has one for $899... floor model.

Anonymous
I purchased one yesterday at Wallmart St. John's NF Canada for Cad 1288.00 plus tax

We just picked up the Akai 5492 at Walmart in Alberta for $998+GST. Floor model, total impulse purchase, but we're all happy with the big picture and sound. Widescreen, HDTV, LCD would have been nice, but 3 times the cash. Question: The kids had a taste of big screen N64; I've heard playing games on it will accelerate "burn-in", any thoughts? Opinions? Thanx, Brad from Big Sky Country.

LOVE MY TV
Hey Darrell,

I am near Toronto, and there is a Sams opening here, so there may be one coming near you.

If not give me a shout and I will find out where the others will be opening.

Cheers,
KJ fireguy1@sympatico.ca

Anonymous
Brad, I have the same TV and I play games (n64, dreamcast, xbox)on it and the main thing you have to worry about it is static images. i.e health bars, speedometers, ammo levels etc. I play an hour or two at a time and then watch a movie or channel surf. REMEMBER to keep your brightness and contrast levels ow and you shold be OK.

Anonymous
I can get a akai 54" projection tv with shield for $798. Is this a good deal. 850 lines of resolution
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us