Mitsubishi WD-62825

Username: Jko

Post Number: 2
Hi out there,
New to this forum. Went to Good Guys today and the 825 supposedly will be in stores around Oct.27. But of course, that date is only an estimate. The screen will be the same as in Mits. Diamond series. It will still have some glare but probably better than the 725 series. Its MSRP is 5999. Hope to hear more about it from you guys once it gets in stores.

Username: Salrmrcrey

CA USA

Post Number: 7
My local GG told me November 10 arrival date. It was supposed to be in this week, but everything was back ordered. The screen will be just one step better than the XX725 Medalion <s>, but can't say it's that much better. From the training sessions that the employees went to for the 825, they just said it was slightly better. The price difference between the XX725 and XX825 is around $1500 dollars. Now, it that worth the extra money for the PVR, and the gloss black finish? hhmmmmmmmmmm............

Cheers,

Username: Ybear57

Post Number: 1
Salrmrcry

I agree that $1500 is a lot for PVR capability. Now if they upgraded overall system performance to TI's new xHD3 with 1080p then I could see the difference.

I guess I can always just dream !!!.

To stay competitive Mits will have to do something seeing Samsung will be moving to this processor shortly and Sony will be introducing there new LCOS like technology in the next qtr.

I was going to by a WD62725 but I am going to wait and see since 1080p products are just around the corner.

tnbubba
Unregistered guest
hate to be so dumb but all this hd stuff is new to me. what do you mean by 1080p products? how will they differ from what's out now in the newer models now coming out? thanks

Post Number: 2
tnbubba,

This URL may help:

http://www.siliconimaging.com/hdtv.htm

Also if you can get a copy of Sound & Vision Sept 2004 issue. David Ranada has a good article on this subject.

tnbubba
Unregistered guest
kevin, do you know when these newer tv's might be out and which brands are coming out with it?
thanks for your help

Post Number: 3
tnubba,

Lots of info on web. Can use google and type in Sony LCOS or Samsung xHD3.

From a timing standpoint appears end of year and into first qtr but I would not be surprised to see 2nd qtr as well.

tnbubba
Unregistered guest
kevin, if a person buys a set now, then how will it react to the 1080p stuff. will the set b obsolete or not as good a picture. how will it affect a set bought now? thanks

Post Number: 4
tnbubba

Sorry for late response, been traveling past couble of weeks. Set will not be obsolete just will not be able to display up to 1080p.
To better learn all about this may want to check the following site: http://www.siliconimaging.com/hdtv.htm

Also good article in Sound&Vision Septenber 2004 edition titled High Definitions - Native Resolution goes up against HDTV standard.

This should help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us