New Sony LCD's - XS vs. WF - Comments

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
I love the style and dimensions of these new LCD's on Sony's website. Soundtrack (Ultimate Electronics) apparently will only be carrying the WF line. Has anyone seen either?? I want the one with the better picture, I'm thinking it will be the XS. Also the XS has 2 HDMI inputs opposed to the 1 of the WF. The blacks and colors are supposed to rival the XBR and most DLP's. Please post any info you know.

PS - avsforum.com may be a little more update, but I LOVE the format of this website much better.

hethj7
Unregistered guest
Well, I have heard the XS will be the better picture. But, a guy over at avsforums says that he has the diagrams for each model and the internal circuits are the same. however, it seems the XS has more menu options for adjusting the picture, although these same options are probably also available on the WF, but only through the service menus. All the info is over there at AVS, if you want to sift through the 40 page thread on these TV's.

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
Saw them both today - fantastic sets that rival most DLPs. Good for brighter rooms. Thought the blacks were better than older Sony LCDs, but not as good as DLPs. I'd say these models go in the top 5 of all rear lcd/dlp sets. If you like these sets, also check out the new Hitachi Rear LCDs (Circuit City). Looks like LCD technology is not giving up to DLP and is staying pretty close.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us