Anyone with TV knowledge help please!

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 186
Ok, I found a TV at the dump today, the company that it is made by is Symphonic, yea yea, crap company, I have a Panasonic HDTV myself but I figured I could fix this symphonic one and give it to a friend of mine whos low on cash. So anyways, its a flat screen TV, looks fairly new, the only problem with it is when its plugged in there is a very faint crackling type noise, and when I turn it on it shuts off after random periods of time, but usually not more than like 20 seconds. Does anyone know what the problem is causing this random shutoff? And if so how could I fix it myself? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 190
pleeeeease!!

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 57
DO NOT OPEN THE SET!!!

Crackling sounds are BAD!
Random shutoffs are BAD!

Persons untrained in working on CRTs and high voltage power supplies "giving it a shot" is REALLY BAD!!!

Keep in mind that a CRT can hold a 10kv -15kv charge for quite some time (years actually). If you touch the wrong component while messing around you WILL be nominated for the Darwin awards :-)http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

See if you can get a free (or cheap) estimate from a trained TV repair guy...

My 2 pennies

Username: Ronmtx

Post Number: 8
I wholeheartedly agree with Gene - get a trained pro to look at it. I also think it is the high voltage circuits.

Anonymous

There's a reason it was in the dump. It'd be cheaper to just buy your friend a TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us