Problems Using Xbox w/ Samsung 56" DLP HDTV

Anonymous

I have had my Samsung 56" DLP HDTV for a little over a month now and I have to say that it has an incredible picture. On HD channels the bright image is on par with any plasma screen I have seen. ...But I must say that if you are planning to play Xbox or Play Station on one of these, you are in for a big disappointment. As I said the picture and even the sound is incredible; however, there is an inherent delay in the system. Although you will think at first you are just experiencing a learning curve with the new screen, you will soon notice that your sight is jumping past your targets or your vehicle is over steering. I don't know if it is buffering the digital signal or what. I called Samsung and they were very helpful and gave me ideas on changing from S-video back to RCA plugs; however, nothing has helped. Also Samsung said they had never heard of this problem before, but the rep by chance referenced "HALO" right off the bat as an example, the very game I was having problems with -- something to think about if you are hoping to use HALO 2 on your new Samsung DLP HDTV. Hopefully Samsung will find a fix for this, after all when you pay $3400.00+ for a TV you expect it to do everything and more your old CRT did. Does anyone have any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 39
Try upgrading your Xbox cables to the HD AV pack and then you can use component cables to hook up to the TV. The reason for the delay is because the TV takes time to convert your 480i signal to its native 720p resolution. The HD AV pack should get rid of the problem.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/209496.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us