Samsung HLP4663W audio synch problems

Anonymous

Got a brand-new HLP4663W with audio synch problems. DVD via 10 ft. DVI, optical audio, slightly out. Satellite via s-Video, analog audio out a little more. Cable HD receiver via component, optical audio, forgeddaboutit. Looks like I'm watching a badly dubbed movie.

It's real tough to determine, but I'm pretty sure the audio is ahead of the video, ie., the video lags. Is the optical too fast? Video too slow? I find that changing the HD to digital coax helps a bit, but it's still out. Watchable, but not quite right.

Anyone else experiencing this???

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 13
Read the other Samsung posts. Everyone seems to have that problem. It only seems to happen with Samsung sets too. Samsung said the problem was suppose to be fixed in the new models, but I still see alot of issues with it. IMO it is totally unexceptable to spend 3k+ on a TV and have issues like that. I'd think about exchanging the set for another brand if that's an option.

Anonymous

That's what I'm afraid of. Samsung Canada says of course the problem is fixed in this model. I haven't seen any other reports of the HLP series having this issue though, not like the HLN series.

Bronze Member
Username: Bestbuyguy

Post Number: 21
are you having the audio running through the TV? if you are using an optical cable, then you obviously have the audio running into the audio receiver. Unless you use both, i know that some reievers don't come properly callibrated, or satelite sometimes lags. Look into your audio receiver's maunal, and find out how to adjust the audio delay, i had to adjust mine to about 300 miliseconds. See if this works for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 17
Just to test things out, my friend brought over his HLP4663 before he returns it. I hooked it up to my gear (motorola 5100 to Receiver via optical cable, and DVI output to the TV) and I too expirienced a/v sync problems with some HD broadcasts, SD TV, and even some DVD play. I have a JVC 52" Dila and I've never had an issue so I know it is not my gear. It is definitely a Sammy issue. I'm starting to think that Samsung makes unreliable garbage. I used to love their DLP sets but I'm starting to not trust anything they make. Like I said before, it is totally unexceptable to have issues like this. I really hope they figure out the problem soon.

Unregistered guest
I also have an audio problem with my Samsung HLP4663W TV. I am using the the wire outputs. Whenever, I turn the TV on, the external audio output first turns on and then turns off. I then have to switch to any other video input and then the external speakers turn on. I spoke to Samsung and they said it was supposed to do it. I really doubt that. They just are too lazy to fix this firmware problem. It is too bad they do not stand behind their product.

col
Unregistered guest
I have seen this problem too - more so on some programs than others...seems to get worse/more noticeable when there is more motion and a lot of dialog.
Just got off the phone with Samsung (800)726-7864 and their recommendation was to exchange the set at the store. The guy I talked to said it was specific to my set, not across the board for this product. I will post back with results from set #2!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us