Help With Dead Pixels

Username: Guapo77

Post Number: 1
Hi there,
I happen to work as an AV tech. and we were throwing away a whole bunch of old equipment when I stumbled upon an old LCD projector. Anyway, my boss just told me to chuck it, but I ended up taking it home and it worked! I'm just looking to use it for DVDs, occasional TV, and some video games really. The projector is an infocus LP570

Anyway, I am totally aware of its limitations and that the bulb only last 50 hours. Replacements are only about $10 or so anyway. I am a poor college student and can not really afford the "real newer" thing. So you can't beat free right?

Unfortunately there is an issue with the projector. There are FOUR dead pixels on it. A red one in the top right, a black one in the bottom right, a red one at the bottom middle, and a green one in the middle on the right.

The red one at the bottom is not in any of the pictures so that doesn't bother me, neither does the black one. The green one is SMACK in the middle of the screen and is sort of annoying. The other red at the top isn't so bad, but at times can piss me off.

So my question is, is there anything I can do about it? I am aware that the pixels can not be fixed, but I am just looking for a solution to maybe cover them up or such. I can't really get it fixed or anything because of its age, I'm just looking for something to make it less annoying. Whenever I am watching something my eyes always seem to dart right there. I was watching the Star Wars Trilogy today and it droves me nuts to see a green and red spot among the stars in space.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Non
Unregistered guest
There is one possibility that you darken those pixels where you project your screen. But then you have to have your projector in same place all the time so it doesn't more. Maybe put white sticker on your screen where that pixel is then use black pen to color place where that pixel is exacly. That should work. I did something like that because my projector one pixel was too bright so i used grey to make it dimmer.

Anonymous

The only way to fix the problem is to replace the 3 LCD panels which, if you could get the part would cost you more than a new one. LCDs are really difficult to make so lots of them do actually get passed with dead pixels on them. I'm a projector technician and the only way we've found of advising customers is what the other anonymous post says. Any other way is far too £££.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us