Best widescreen HDTV For UNDER $2000

Username: Snakeyes

Post Number: 8
I am looking for a Widescreen HDTV for under or around $2000 not sure what type i want (lcd, projection etc)but i am open to sugestions. Thanks guys for all who respond

Username: James_restoper

Post Number: 4
Well, if weight isn't a factor, for that budget I would strongly suggest you taking a look at the Sony Wega 34" Widescreen HDTV (KV34HS510).
Video quality is AWESOME!!! It does picture in picture and also side by side picture to watch 2 shows at once! It has DVI input. I would buy this tv but for me, since I live alone, is too heavy. (Although it does have 4 handles which are discreet). Look for yourself...I know BestBuy carries them and it's on their site with detailed info.

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 23
how big are you looking for? if its around 34", i to STRONGLY recommend the sony wega. knock sony's products all you want, there home audio, car audio, they still know how to make a good quality tv.

or where you looking like 50"? sony makes a 51" rear projection thats 1799, but can be found on sale frequently in the 1599-1619 range.

Post Number: 9
Thanks guys for responding let me clarify to make it easier for you guys to recomend i currently have a Toshiba 32"pure flat crt (non-hd or widescreen) and i am building a HT room 11 x 17 & was hoping to break atleast 40" or closer to 50" im not afraid to spend a little more because i want a tv that i will be hapopy with for a long time. i already have my audio side figured out and this will be my last peice of the puzzle i was thinking about the sony 50we601 but have seen a lot of nightmare postings on ecoustics. Thanks again and lkeep the suggestions coming

Post Number: 5
Well, I was just going on the "around $2000" range. The only other TV I have been seriously looking at is the 43 and 50 inch Samsung DLP's. (HLN-437w and HLN-507w) But then you're going into the $3000 range...but you won't have any issues with burn-in images and the picture quality is beautiful.

Post Number: 10
the samsung looks good but in the reviews i have read they say that it cant be viewed from any angle and i think that would be a problem. also overall how do you think it compares to the sony grand wegas. i have seen in reviews that people complain about fan noise but i have also seen that complaint with the samsung i personally dont care because i usually watch at medium to high volume. So that leaves the main concern about the sony with the turn on problem which is being resolved by sony now with service techs coming out to the house to replace the boards but i want to know when you will be able to buy the fixed ones of the shelf and better yet how will i know it is one with the upgraded board. well i should stop rambling i suppose but please feel free to suggest in the around $3000 range as well since im not exactly sure what my budget is. Thank again

Post Number: 7
Snakeyes,

I too was concerned about the fan noise I have from sooooo many different posts, that when I went to go checkout the tv at a local store, I sat right next to it and put my ear against the tv. It's not as loud as people are claiming it to be. I compare the soft noise to that of a dvd player that is on and not much louder than a cooling fan on a notebook/laptop computer. You can not hear the fan noise when the audio is on. If these people are that in tune with the fan noise, they need to be sound engineers at recording studios where they can pick up every subtle nuance. I'm a professional musician and to be honest, the fan noise is nothing. Now if it sounded like a clothes dryer, that's different but really the color wheel/fan is nothing. Go to a store and listen for yourself.
Anyway, my 2 cents worth. Do tell us what tv you ultimately go with.

Another thing, if you plan on using video games, I would stay away from the LCD screens, and veer towards the DLP. (No burn-in issues).

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 25
i personally like the dlp's more than the grand wega/xbr's. but for 50" they are 3999 alot of places, like the place i work the store manager is VERY "lets make a deal" type. today we sold a 37" sharp lcd ($6000 tv) for 5299 plus a $520 mail in rebate. this is the type of store you want, we've sold the 43" dlp for 2700, usually a 3500 tv. So i think if you looked and tried hard, you might be able to get that 50" samsung for 3300. i wouldn't personally buy a dlp for 2years, i think those models will be MUCH better

if viewing angles and lighting aren't a issue, id look at sony's 51" rear projection, again can be found for 1600, if your looking for somthing a little nice, maybe the "xbr". these too are going to be MUCH better in 2 years, but 1600 isn't quit as much of a investment, and they are easily sellable for 1000 in a couple years

just my 2 cents

Post Number: 9
Dubz,

I'm looking for the cheapest place online that is offering a new Samsung 50" DLP (HLN-507w). Lowest I've seen is $3499 and that's the price I'm working with the local store. You (or anyone else) know of a lower price online?

fdsfdsf
Unregistered guest
I also lokking for 51-57 tv
I can't decide hitachi f500 or sony ws510
I like more sony goodies but thr plastic silver front is big turnoff
Do you now when next year model be avelibe , mmaybe is going to be in black

Post Number: 12
Saw this on bestbuy website any thoughts from anyone.
Toshiba 57" Widescreen HD-Ready Rear-Projection TV w/ 2-Tuner PIP

Model: 57H83

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us