"SXRD Technology: The Future Of Projection Television, Now"

Kris Williams
Unregistered guest
Hello all, I just opened my copy of Sound & Vision magazine and on the first page there is a Sony ad.

SXRD Technology: The Future Of Projection Television, Now. "The larger the screen, the more noticeable pixelation becomes. Small, densely packed pixels produce the best image and Silicon Crystal Reflective Display, or SXRD, is Sony's new manufacturing technology that makes this possible. By putting 2 million pixels onto a silicon crystal measuring just 0.78 of an inch diagonally, SXRD technology delivers an astonishingly smooth, Full-HD image on a screen as wide as fifteen feet diagonally, and allows the display of video with virtually all the definition and fluidity of film. SXRD technology will be available in the next generation of Sony home theater projectors and televisions."

I have canceled my 70XBR950 in hopes that this will be available in June or July This year. I also my just get the 70XBR950 if the price is lower then it's now.

What do you think?

junkie
Unregistered guest
Where did you read this technology change that is upcoming? Is it based on the LCOS technology method?

Username: Thebobgoat

Post Number: 3
http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/3947

i will post this here too -- a little info about similar stuff

Kris Williams
Unregistered guest
I read it in the Sound & Vision Magazine that I received in the mail today.

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 16
thats is awesome, thats approaching computers dot-pitch. it does sound alot like lcos. I was debating wether to buy a new tv or not, now i definatly won't! imagine that w/ 1080p. and adult movies..hehe nevermind that last comment!

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 17
just saw, thats front projection (of course). we won't see that in tv's for 2 years at least.

Kris Williams
Unregistered guest
SXRD technology will be available in the next generation of Sony home theater projectors and televisions."

Like it says, the next generation of projectors and televisions.

I was reading on line back in March 2003 that sony has the projectors out, but $20,000.00 is a litle more then I want to spend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us