Onkyo vs Yamaha vs Denon HT

Anonymous
I am in the market for a HT system. Choices are many and I would prefer a compact system (with DVD). So looking at Onkyo LSV950 Envision & Yamaha DVX-s100.
I was able to listen to the Yamaha at GoodGuys which sounded good but could not find the Onkyo anywhere. I noted the THD (distorsion) in both is quite high ~.7%.
Other alternatives are component ones such as Denon 683DV which is definitely better hardware but takes up space.
Appreciate any comments from anyone on these systems?

Anonymous
Onkyo.

Anonymous
Go with the Denon. Much better quality.

Anonymous
The sound and the speakers with the Onkyo are much better than the Denon. Hands down.

anonymous
First thngs first establish what you want then you can begin to build your system not just for now but the future the more you save for the right component the happy you will be in the long term because you are after both sound & componety

Anonymous
Depending on your budget, try the Onkyo HT-S650 and add your own DVD....fabulous system for the $! Circuit City has it for $499.

Listening to sounds, is an art of interprating from your own ears, not other people's ears. (that goes for audiophiles)
Judging the front panels appereance's is another thing.

yamaha much better in movie
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us