Using Creative Inspire 5.1 speakers with DVD Player

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have just got a new DivX DVD Player from Crystal. The DVD player supports 5.1 sound, and has outputs on the back for Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right, Centre, Subwoofer.

I also have a Creative Inspire 5700 5.1 speaker set, and would like to know how I can get this all hooked up. It would be possible for me to plug the front, rear and centre speakers DIRECTLY into the DVD player using the cables already attached to the speakers, but I can see no way of attaching the sub, because the sub connects to the PC using 3.5mm audio cables (3 in total). Is there some way of connecting the sub directly to the DVD player - I'm guessing I would need some sort of cable converter to get from the large round socket style on the DVD player to the small 3.5mm jack on the sub. However even then, which one of the 3 3.5mm sockets would I plug the DVD player into?

Any help on how to do this would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 41
Why don't you just pop the divx dvd, cd or file into your computer and play it that way?

Otherwise you'll need to run a digital cable from teh Crystal to a digital input in your sound card (if you have one) then plug the 3 3.5mm connectors to the output on your audio card. You need the audio card to connect to the speakrs...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us