Archive through June 06, 2004

Username: Shpack

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,
Can anyone give me any info on Theater Innovations ti6000s ? I've never heard of them and can't find any info on them ? Is this a good speaker system oe garbage ? Also, do I need an amp to run thiese speakers or is there one in the woofer ? If anyone knows the value I would really appreciate it ? thxs

Unregistered guest
theater innovations seems to be some made up company and this is JUNK. There are people selling this junk on the streets like its a top line product, and saying its worth nearly 3000$. Don't buy unless you want to be a sucker too.

Username: Twistednc

Post Number: 4
I recently bought a theater innovations system. I live in ct , thats where most of them seem to sell.... The system looks very nice and looks like its worth alot. it says 2,999 on the box. i bought it for 350$ from a guy who said his friend "scams" the warehouses. anyways it sounds pretty good but its not the greatest system ill say that. for the price your better off getting an extra 100-200 $ and getting your self a real system. if your on a tight income, this isnt a bad idea, although i only had it for a month so i wouldent know how long they last. the only problem i had if the coax cable plugged into my tv makes the stereo buzz really loud when the rca's r plugged into the tv from my stereo. i dontknow if this is because of my stereo system or the interfearence from the cable.. anywways good luck

Anonymous

I Just bought one in Mass. for $200.00. I guess it does seem to be a scam because the guy who sold it to me said tha same thing about getting it from a guy who takes it off of the truck. These guys had many of them in the back of they're truck and it boasts CD, DVD, MP3, Ect (abillities).. I would like to know if any one else has got any more info on this....

Anonymous

My husband bought one in Burlington MA today for 200.00, I am curious if the posting for 3/17 in MA is near the same location.
he bought it off some guys in a jeep who told him the same stories as other postings.

Jay
Unregistered guest
(To Burlington) Yep, those were the same guys they were traveling around trying to get it off. I got mine in Everett. I looked around and its not too bad for what it is, but it seems like the others outhere come with DVD players, etc. But they cost way more most of the time. I'm not going to set it up just yet but if you come back up on here (after you've set it up) let me know (post) how it works out for you.

Anonymous

Jay -
He was going to set it up last night but after reading the above notes and being mad at himself for thinking he got a good deal he decided he is going to try and sell it because he will be furious if it sounds like crap.
he did try to call the guys on their cell phone but no one answered.

Cathi
Unregistered guest
the same guys were in New York today and got my son for $220.00. We tried to set it up but where does the TV plug into the system. We had three speakers working until we hooked up the DVD and then couldn't get any to work

johnpaul71
Unregistered guest
yea the same thing happened to me in manchester nh today. two guys were driving a maroon GMC envoy. i bought it for $300.00. they gave me a story of how a buddy was boosting them off a truck.

BoRo
Unregistered guest
I met one guy today which one wanted to sell me this sh** for $300. Now I know that is really pice of junk. God bless, that I did'n buy it :-)
Take care.

SpeakerMan
Unregistered guest
To Everyone who comes to this website and CRIES about the bad deal that they got.....I have one thing to say to you....YOU ARE BUYING SOMETHING OUT OF THE BACK OF A TRUCK....don't get greedy on the side of the road and then come here and b**** and moan that you didn't get what you expected...the money that you spent at the back of that truck should teach you a lesson for the future....all this website is, is a bunch of people with buyer's remorse.

Signed,

the guy who jammed it in your a** for some quick cash

ps - to all you greedy people, I just want to thank you for sending me and my wife to Aruba twice a year....

infoman
Unregistered guest
Everyone who got scammed in RI and Mass I would suggest you get in touch with the Attorney General's Office in your state. I have contacted the CT Attorney General. If the same guys are running this scam in CT, RI and Mass I can tell you that the CT guys have CT plates 353-KVH on a Blueish SUV.

Happy Lawyer
Unregistered guest
What do you planning on doing at the AG's office? This might be a "scam," but that's all it is....a "scam"...there's a big difference between a "scam" and "illegal activity..." I was just curious...also, I bought a TI 6000 home theater from a couple kids and I think it sounds great...infoman, please answer this question that I have....what do you plan on reporting to the AG?

almostgotsc
Unregistered guest
These guys are in Canada now as well. I did not buy one but they approached me here in Montreal. I also have a license plate but apparantly they use fake ones. Either way, this is illegal activity for a few reasons: This company does not exist. The system is not as advertized on the box (or even close). In most cases, it doesn't work. They are collection cash without paying taxes (i.e tax evasion). If anyone says that this is not illegal activity, you are wrong. I would love to see these poeple get caught, but apprantly it's a much bigger operation than it seems as they have gone in Canada and the U.S. If any is able to catch their respective con-artist, please let us know how!!

Anonymous

Happy Lawyer - the sale violates the UCC which is adopted in CT, RI, and MA as well as CUTPA and the unfair business/trade practices acts of MA and RI.

JRod
Unregistered guest
The operation seems to be going on in the Chicago area too. I just bought one for $200 from a couple of guys in a Chevy truck. I've hooked it up and so far it doesn't sound so bad, but obviously it's no $3000 system.

One who knows
Unregistered guest
Cathi hit the DSP button on you're remote and that will turn on the surround sound

anonymous2
Unregistered guest
holy crap i just bought two TI6000 s systems and two TI 1350 towers for 680 bucks thinking i could sell them for some money on ebay, this sucks i should have known that it was bull, if my pops knows about this he will flip and i bet he would go to the AG's office.

dkappa8
Unregistered guest
holy f### i just bought the same system you are all talkin about from two guys in a white gmc envoy in norwood, told told me they were installing a system in sharon and couldn't show up on the job with extras. what a waste of 200 bucks i dunno if it even works, the were selling towwer speakers along with the home theatre said to be worth 1999.99 and they wanted atleast 400 for those. march 24th

robb
Unregistered guest
i was approached in manhattan beach a few days ago, luckily i didn't purchase it. but for the record same scenario as all of you....white truck with a bunch of equipment in the back. spread the word, this pisses me off.

DK
Unregistered guest
I just bought a system in Buffalo, NY. I hooked the system yesterday It's not a $3,000 system but it works. I guess the good news is I didn't pay $350 like nicky C

k.g.
Unregistered guest
yea, i just bought a system from a couple of guys in the chicago area out of a chevy truck. i gave them $300. i think it is hilarious! the guys reminded me of myself and i hope they are spending the money on a good time. what do you expect??! it sounds like it is not pure sh*t anyway. i'm gonna take the hit like a man. i got what i paid for.

Unregistered guest
Everyone watch out their in St. Louis in a chevy z71 truck with temp.tags from Ill. 2 guys selling them for 500.00

billy bob
Unregistered guest
ya, they got me too, they even showed me a catalog and everthing with the system depicted being worth $2999, these guys even fooled a hustler, they sell from a back of a truck saying they were on the way to an installation, and the company accidently packed two home theater systems in the truck, i thought it was my lucky day then I found all these postings

justaguy
Unregistered guest
Howdy, looks these are on e-bay now, at least something similar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086478804&category=14981
Thanks for the info, I was checking to see if this was to good to be true, looks like it is.......

Anonymous

My husband just bought a system for $260 and I find it hilarious. I find it even more ridiculous that people are complaining. Like speakerman said, you bought it off the back of a TRUCK!!! What did you expect? Didn't you learn not to talk to strangers in elementary school?

Anonymous

that was my wife, pay no attention to her, but I did get what I was asking for. I don't even know if it works. thats what I get for being cheap.

Anonymous

HEY I BOUGHT ONE OF THESE TI 5100 SYSTEMS FROM A GUY IN COLCHESTER CT,WARRANTY CARD SAYS WALLINGFORD CT.(WONDER WHERE THE COMPAMY IS BASED
BEAT THE GUY DOWN TO 300 BUCKS AND JUST SOLD IT
ON E BAY FOR 750 DON'T DUY THIS CRAP IF YOU WANT A NICE SYSTEM,JUST BUY TO RE SELL LIKE I DID
LOT OF FOLKS OUT THERE WHO WANT A GOOD DEAL
BUT KNOW WHAT YOUR BUYING.

Anonymous

i bought the f***ing theatre innovations system today from two guys in Everett, they were in a olive green ford EXPEDITION, plate number 6237ht from Maine, they said it was "their boss truck". WATCH OUT !!!!

denis G
Unregistered guest
hey guys i got my april's full
i paid 750 can (it's still 600 usd ) and the guy ask for a10 for a beer!!!! and i give it to him!!!!
I am up in montreal

Anonymous

Nice scam, they even got the magazine showing the price of the system !!! At least they work and you could say they look good too. Any body got a truck I could borrow?

WarwickRI
Unregistered guest
Look on the box people, "Actual products subject to change withoput notice"

I paid $200 for mine. Did any of you get shown the ad in the music magazine? Now that was a good idea. Well I guess I got scammed. It sounds ok I guess. Its loud alright.

Oh yeah these guys had mass plates

Username: Quartzdesign

Post Number: 5
This thread is hilarious. I remember when I was 18 years old and was taken for $300 - purchased a pair of reference towers valued at $1100 each.

SHowing how young I was, I even had them follow me to my local ATM and withdraw the cash.

They gave me a receipt too!

If I were you guys, try to unload them on ebay and call it a learning experience.

getscrewed
Unregistered guest
OMG im 20 and stupid damn, what was i thinking, i know alot about speakers, they told me it was commercial stuff and the magizine trick plus the beer and if i find them, they will wish they were dead and then im gonna resell the stuff

whoes next
Unregistered guest
THEIR IN STLOUIS MISSOURI AND DRIVING A NEW suv- SILVER jeep cherroke or grand cherroke two white males pulled the boss trick with up mailing package, i didnt even need it and they still got the money out of me i guess i was beening greedy i, kicking my own butt i just want my money back

Pabo Tutsuit
Unregistered guest
TI-1250 Theater Innovations. Same deal here guys! In Montreal april 5th 2004 $300 CAN. Out of a Via rental SUV. They sound OK, loose low end, look slick. Nothing like the Paradigm Titans I bought recently. But hey !!! OUT OF A TRUCK in a parking lot. I was curious. Don't waste your time. Grab your cell phone and call a cop instead ;-)

oUtKaStLoKeY
Unregistered guest
I BOUGHT THE THEATER INNOVAION SYSTEM YESTERDAY FROM 2 GUYS IN A BLACK CHEVY Z71 SUV WITH ILLINOIS PLATES. I NEW SOMETHING WAS FISHY BUT I WILL ADMIT THEY ARE SLICK. THEY WANTED $500.00 AND THE BOX SAID RETAIL $2499.00. THEY HAD THE SALES BROUCHER AND EVEN A FED EX BILL OF LADING. THEY SAID THEY HAD 2 EXTRA ONES THEY HAD TO GET RID OF OR THEIR BOSS WOULD SEND THEM BACK. I ENDED UP PAYING $200.00 AND YES HE DID SAY I HAD TO BUY HIM A BEER IF I SEEN THEM AGAIN. I NEW THAT IT WAS NOT A $2499.00 SYSTEM BUT WURTH $200.00 AS LONG AS THEY WORKED. I HOOKED THEM UP LAST NIGHT AND THEY DONT SOUND BAD FOR DVDS BUT THEY ARE NOT VERY GOOD FOR MUSIC. YOU DO NEED A DVD PLAYER WITH SEPERATE 5.1 CHANNELS OUT IN ORDER TO GET 5.1, BUT YOU CAN GET 2.1 WITHOUT THE DVD PLAYER. I CANT COMPLAIN FIGURING I DID "BUY THEM OUT OF THE BACK OF A TRUCK". BY THE WAY THEY WERE IN A CAR WASH BUY SAINT LOUIS, THE GUY EVEN SHOWED ME HIS DRIVERS LICENSE, HE WAS FROM SOME TOWN AROUND CHICAGO IL.

Unregistered guest
Oh my karumba, I gave these two white boys with NY plates $400 for the TI5100. When I got home and pluged her up, only the cooling fan worked. I opened the back and made adjustments, so she is working now, but only worth $100. Evidently there are quite a few guys envolved in this scam. the products are mad in China. If I see these guys again and i'm anxious to), I'm going to take them near to death's door, then call the cops for them.

Stupid-in-CT
Unregistered guest
I bought the TI-6100. Obviously this is a big mistake. They drove a New GMC Yukon Black. I bought near the Peoples Bank Silas Deane Highway in Rocky Hill, CT. Very convincing with the trade magizine, flyer and story. I thought something was up, but it always seems I miss out on great deals so today I took the chance. I hope these guys are cought.

Anonymous

I BOUGHT A SET OF THE 6000S AND TOWERS AND SOUND AND THEY GREAT, THEY ARE GOOD SPEAKERS FOR THE MONEY YOU CAN'T GO TO CIRCUIT CITY AND GET A DEAL LIKE THAT.
YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO HOOK THEM UP. BUY A DIFFERENT SUB AND A 7.1 RECIEVER AND THEY SOUND UNBELIEVABLE

MrNaive
Unregistered guest
Well, it looks lile I got scammed too, they took me for $300. Same story as everyone else, this time in Hadley Massachusetts. It was two guys in a blue Lincon Navigator with Conneticut plates. Any ideas about what I can do with these junky speakers? I'll sell them relly cheap.

Username: Dontbyfromatruk

Hi everyone, I have a friend who also got took while I was with him. He bought a pair of Theater Innovations TI-1350 and when he got home he tried to look them up to see what a savings he got and couldn't find them anywhere. He asked me to do a little research on them and this website is the only thing I could find. I can't find any info on such company. I don't know where they were made, but it is definately not by a repitable company. As far as the magazine goes I also have seen the ad for $2000 and now believe that that was also fake. It was a good fake. He only got took for $150.00 and the speakers do work so he really didn't loose much, but he did learn a lesson. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE BACK OF A TRUCK!!!!! And if it seems too good to be true, STAY AWAY. It is amazing how many people have been screwed over this and I wonder how much money they have made. But eventually someone smart enough will catch them.

Jessy
Unregistered guest
Are these systems similar to Theater Research speaker systems as well, I just got a home innovations set and it works perfectly. Just want to find out if these two companies are related www.trtheaterresearch.com

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 458
Jessy,
don't bother with the website. It is nothing but a "parked" site. Having a website does not make it legitimate.

Anonymous

got the ti5100 works great worth all of 500 bucks

fARMO
Unregistered guest
Just bought mine from the trunk of a Passat in Houston Texas. Got taken for $250. I have not hooked it up as yet but I find this whole thing to be hilarious. My wife is not too pleased.

laughinatu
Unregistered guest
I laugh at all of you that have purchased something off of these guys. do you think they are going sell a stereo system for that cheap when it is worth so much, anyone in there right mind would keep it for themselves or sell it to a friend before a stranger if it were worth anything. i hope the speakers make nice plant holders

JERRYJERRY
Unregistered guest
OMG... I BOUGHT 2 OF THE TI-5100 SYSTEMS. 2 YOUNG GUYS IN A WHITE EXPEDITION TODAY..PAID $250 EACH...I LIVE IN PRIVIDENCE, RI.. I JUST GOT HOME AND WAS LOOKING FOR THERE WEBSITE WHEN I STUMBLED ACROSS THIS SITE...I BOUGHT 1 FOR ME AND THE OTHER FOR MY DAUGHTER...OMG MY WIFE IS GONNA SHOOT ME..LOL..I JUST HOPE THEY ACTUALLY WORK..LOL
I WAS SCEPTICAL ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION BUT WHEN I SAW THE MAGAZINE ARTICAL...I WAS SOLD...BUT I DO BELEIVE I DID ONE THING CORRECT (NOT THAT IT WILL HELP ME..LOL)..I TOOK THE INVOICE THEY HAD FOR IT AND MADE A COPY OF IT AND I ALSO MADE A COPY OF THE ARTICAL IN THE MAGAZINE WHICH HAS SEVERAL TELEPHONE NUMBERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICAL FOR THE COMPANY...SO I CALLED ( I DID NOT TELL THEM I HAD BOUGHT 2, I SAID I SEEN THE MAGAZINE ARTICAL AND WAS INTERESTED IN IT) AND IT WAS A LIVE PERSON SAYING S.A DISTRIBUTOR-DAS AUDIO MAY I HELP YOU...I ASKED THEM ABOUT IT THEY SAID THEY WERE A DISTRIBUTOR OF THE SYSTEM..AND THEY WOULD LIKE TO SEND SOMEONE TO MY HOUSE TO SHOW ME THE SYSTEM FIRST HAND....BUNCH OF BUMS...WELL I GUESS I LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON...IF ANYONE WANTS THE INFO I HAVE LET ME KNOW I WILL EMAIL IT ALL TO YOU.... BIGPOPPER2000@COX.NET

Anonymous

My dad just bought a TI-6000S for $200 today... off the back of a truck. I'm near the Montreal Area. I just hope it works for what he paid!

Anonymous

well, looks like i got suckered also. I bought two 1350 ti speakers thinking im getting a huge deal, they showed me the ad in the magazine and the warranty card which they took out the boxes after they gave it to me. Just like everyone has described, Two white boys in a dodge caravan with mass license plates got me when i went to a Mcdonalds in Bridgeport CT, all i really wanted was a happy meal not to be hustled out of 300 dollars.

HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT (Devils) (sobbing in background)

Anonymous

HELLO MY FELLOW SUCKERS I FELL FOR THE SAME SCAM BUT UNLIKE YOU GUYS I TRACKED THEM DOWN AND GOT MY MONEY BACK THESE GUYS ARE OUT OF WOBURN MASS 500 WASHINGTON STREET OR AVE OFF INTERSTATE 95 EXIT 36 IF I WERE YOU GUYS I WOULD PAY THEM A VISIT ITS RIGHT BEHIND DUNKIN DONUTS

BURNT HARD
Unregistered guest
I bought this junk from a ct green van lisc 4238 or close to that, the guy said he was from wallingford mid 40's a little fat, balding , extra stuff he said from foxwoods. the TI 6000 is the BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK, ive never been hit like this. 300$, he got me, i can only hope we meet again. and we might exit 3 RI

mysonisasucker
Unregistered guest
My son just called me all excited claiming he just bought this system for $200.00....My first words to him were "oh honey, tell me you didn't.
I asked him the brand, did a search, and here I am. He bought it in Northeast Connecticut, guys were from MA...even followed him to the ATM. :-)
I thought I raised him better than that. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 493
don't underestimate the power of greed :-(
all you can do is teach them, what they do with it is up to them.

tom
Unregistered guest
Beware: They are in New York City area. There are two guys driving a WHITE VAN, Cheverlot Astro late model, plate # CEK1416.

Anonymous

they got two of my friends good,$420 near newburgh,ny
3 guys driving a green chevy yukon,(mass plates)the equipment is pure garbage,thanks for their adress.they used the whole my bosses truck gig,and the magazine, and took them $20 for beer
morons

Anonymous

got me in st louis yesterday for 300 guy in his 30s and a guy in his mid 20s said they were going to drop off the others needed money for the bars learned my lesson driving a chevy suv missouri plates they were already drunk

FoolsGold
Unregistered guest
Well I guess I'm not the only dumbass out there. Although I do feel good that I only paid $150 for the TI-6000s and didn't give in to the guy in his pathetic plea for an extra $20 for the case of beer! Rocky Hill, CT Silas Deane Highway, Yesterday (5/6) around noon at a Mobile Station. Same shpeel as everyone else got. At the time I pretty much at least figured the crap must've been stolen, but I gave in anyway as I started walking away. The guy was personable & persistent... Thought of backing out while at the ATM inside Mobile, but then figured even if it was a piece of crap, I could live w/o that amt of cash & figured it was worth the risk. Unbelievable!!!

papabeaunr
Unregistered guest
and dont forget, you owe me beers!

virus
Unregistered guest
Ya~ my bro just did the same on a pair of TI-1250's in St. Louis,MO for $150. Anyway we've piecing together our home theater system, and to be honest it's coming together nicely. cerwin-vega sub, Sony surround's, Onkyo A/V reciever to put it out. I must say, we know electronics and my bro knew these TI towers weren't worth the list price on the box, but for our 28'X 35' living/dining area, it fills it all nicely without any distortion. $150 is easily worth it. Even as buyers we should know not to just piece together a system, but this isn't permanent, and does the job well, i just wish there were specs that i could find for them.

Anonymous

Yeah I was looking for something on this theater system because my dad doesnt know much about all this stuff and he bought the TI-6100 system thinking he was getting a deal too. But I guess since we arent music freaks and we only use it for surround sound its ok for us. Did the systems come with books that had a sticker over Amstrad? Ours did and I thought that was weird. Is Amstrad an old company that went out of business? Or is it all just made up s**t? Owell it doesnt bother me much, it wasnt my money!

jersey
Unregistered guest
Oh God, what a waste od my $300.00 dollars. This axs-hole, in a black gmc, with CT license plates told me he was from California and he was working in NJ for the summer. Motherfuucker wanted 1G for that piece of shitt. Fortunately my atm only lets me take 300 a day, otherwise I would've given him more. on the box says is 2699.00 but I soon as I opened the box I knew it was a scam. I hope i can see him again around to pay him back!!

BIG
Unregistered guest
Jersey, i think i know who this guy is.. Please EMAIL ME AT TWISTEDnc@aol.com or Instant message me for we can talk, i even have his phone number

Anonymous

i don't see what the fuss is all about.i got the ti 1350 speakers for $200. i hook them up to a 500 watt amp with a 100watt power sub woofer and polk speakers all around.these speakers don't sound bad. for $200 they there vary good you can't go wrong for $2000 thats another story,so every one get a grip you paid hundreds of dollars.for the speakers if you paid $300 or less per pair you did good any more not so got.

FatBoyHunter
Unregistered guest
Ran into this f*cker and his sidekick earlier in Wallingford, got me for $500... he happened to slipup a few times on some spots his fat bald drunkass hangs out at I believe, me and my brother went around for 2 hours looking for him in the black Yukon he had equipped with baseball bats...

We didn't find them... Yet - The search will continue, and little do they know my dads a Hells Angel, he'll be crying like a b*tch when he's found, and I assure that he will be.

Check for updates at a later time...

and if you're reading this- after I give you the hurting of your life, this time I might throw you the extra $20 for the beer cause you're gonna need a case to forget the pain... ;)

WLFD
Unregistered guest
My buddy just bought the TI-5100 from a dude in a green van in Wallingford, CT. $200 Pulled right up outside of a bank also..

He said something about getting them from the Oakdale theater. I suppose as long as they work then its worth it. But id still be the f*ck out of the guy and take his bank roll.

He used the beer line too...

WLFD
Unregistered guest
Well.. i dont know about the rest of you guys.. we just hooked up the speakers and damn it sounds good. I want a set myself lol...

But its probably merchandise with blemishes that is repackaged and sold under a fake name.. i dont like the scamy nature of what they do.. but not for nothing im liking this sh*t.

CantBuyLove
Unregistered guest
I am sitting here laughing my a** off!!!! with a BIG STUPid LOOK ON MY FACE. reading these postings and HOPING that one reads "THE SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL" but that is not the case!!!A male friend and I have been in the outs,I saw the GREAT DEAL and thought I would call him. The same story as all the others. I thought I was taking advantage of a strung out druggy...BUT instead they took advantage of me. They even followed my to Lowell, Ma to my friends house, who then bought ME the system.. how nice of him.. boys are like that. My bad!!!... I am happy it was not my money but feel so bad for my boy/friend....By the way, I was at Home Depot in Tewksbury, Ma

Anonymous

I was at Home Depot in Waltham, MA and got taken for the TI-6000. Piece of crap. Damn, they really pulled off the sincerity bit. F*ckers.

pissed off
Unregistered guest
They got me too. I'm in R.I. them little Bast#$%^. I paid 300.00 they gave me the story about that the guy guy at the loading dock screwed up and put another one on it. Made sense to me. Saw the advertisment and everything. Green truck mass plates

mememe
Unregistered guest
at least it works

Anonymous

I posted yesterday about getting taken at a Home Depot in MA. Today i did what someone suggested and took a trip to Woburn. I found the place where this group ship from: 500 WEST CUMMINGS PARK, SUITE 1250 (i think it was 1250 anyway). (This office complex is off of Washington St, like the other guy said, Exit 36 off Rt 95. There are a bunch of W. Cummings Park buildings there, behind the Dunkin Donuts). They've got one door (no lobby) inside the building, and a shipping door out the back. I went there around 4:30pm and waited for their trucks to show up. They started showing up around 5:15 in a bunch of SUVs, asking each other, 'how'd you do today?' I saw the guy who sold me the sh*t right there. I wasn't gonna beat him down or anything because i was by myself and there were about 15 other dudes there. I talked with him a while. What a strange business, wish i could figure out if it really is illegal or not, what they're doing. From what i can tell, the kids buy these things from whoever is leasing that space (wonder where that guy gets them), then they drive around and unload them on the street, for whatever they can get for them. They compete with their friends and try to win bonuses and stuff. I still have my system, but my dealings aren't finished yet, i'll post another update later.

guyinri
Unregistered guest
to the guy who saw them at home depot im from ri love to meet up with and give these kids a lesson

BlackAlfa
Unregistered guest
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get the bunch of us together, head up to the loading dock and unload on these motherf***ers.

guyinri
Unregistered guest
im ready

FatBoyHunter
Unregistered guest
FatBoyHunter is back in effect... Good work on tracking these motherf*ckers down, I say we all set a date where we meet up there and unload on them all with some baseball bats, empty their pockets out, and also take whatever remaining systems they have on them...

I got dibs on the balding fatty, I'm gonna give him a hurting beyond belief... while he's down on the ground I might even tea-bag him and take a taco-bell dump on his face...

So, let's get it goin - what date should we meetup?

Anonymous

OK, me again, the Home Depot sucker and sleuth, with some more info. I talked with the Police department in Woburn, MA. They actually were aware of this business, they've had people call about them from time to time. They knew about the address i mentioned. They told me they had investigated them before, but their business (New England Sound Systems) is essentially legitimate, so they can't do anything about the sketchy way they do business. The sound systems they sell may not be very good, but they are legitimately bought, not stolen or anything. The kids buy them for some price, then drive around seeing how much they can get for them. It sucks that their whole deal is all based on lying and trying to get whatever price they can. But it's not that different from any other kind of sales, really; our whole system is based on mark-ups and volume discounts and salespeople talking things up, even if that means lying sometimes. This business is a classic example of capitalism and entrepreneurship at work. Kind of sad that this is our economy in a nutshell.

If you beat these guys up with baseball bats, you will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, so i don't recommend it, seriously. Just don't buy anything from sketchy dudes selling sh*t out of their trucks anymore, period.

I'm trying to get my money back, i'll let you all know how that goes.

Username: Mikerudysr

Lowell, Ma USA

Well I'm glad I'm not the only sucker out their. I live in Lowell Ma. met a female at agas station gave me a song and dance about the warehouse screwed up. I paid 200.00 I guess I didn't get hit as bad as some thank god becuase I really couldn't afford the 200.00 . The person who was having problems with the hum you can e-mail at MikeRudysr@aol I fixed that problem

BlackAlfa
Unregistered guest
Well I guess I am not the only one who got duped. I hoocked my system up and seem to have a constant hum in the background. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

I got scammed in hamden connecticut. they pulled up next to me at the wendys drive thru because my liscense plate had something to do with music and they thought "maybe id be interested" they were driving a blck tahoe with ct plates, and one of the guys was fat. they wanted 2000 for it, but i only gave em 200. they had like 10 systems in the back and said there was a problem with the order and that the chinese truck driver brought too many....then they showed me the add. What magazine was that?! if you remember...i thought maybe it was livesound? well anyway i havent opened them yet and am trying to unload them. it sucks!

Anonymous

My husband bought this system in Brooklyn, New York at Home Depot on Cropsey Avenue, same story, he spent $400.00 (shmuck). Now I have two big boxes in the garage taking up space. Anyone want a good deal, will sell cheap.

hmmmm...
Unregistered guest
Oh great, so I'm not the only one. I just bought the ti-5100, and just finished hooking them up. They actually sound pretty good, but the fan is a little loud, so I was thinking of putting a smaller one in. Anyway, now that I see that it wasn't my lucky day, I am little pissed. Black Yukon. I actually wasn't really interested in the system so I told him $150 right of the bat, and after an hour, that's what I got it for, so I think I did pretty good. He did get me with the extra $10 for the beer though. I was happy til I found this site. Good luck.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTRYINGTOHELP
Unregistered guest
Ah... dont be discouraged. My Dad bought one of these systems for a hundred bucks in the Chicagoland area because he knew it was something i wouldnt mind playing around with. The speakers sound pretty good (in all honesty)but the system itself will not as great as you hoped for. On the back of the subwoofer, there are three inputs. One is for the center channel and sub, one is for the front left and right, and one is for the surround left and right. This is reminiscent of the old pro logic recievers, but dont be discouraged. The speakers can still be used, and even 200 bucks is a good price for the speaker package they come with. However, you will have to buy a new subwoofer. I promise you a 99 dollar subwoofer can be found at your local circuit city (sony) If you want to experience a rumbling effect, purchase a polk psw202black... or the mtx for 200. As far as recievers go... at the joliet circuit city, we have an overabundance of open box product. i saw an onkyo reciever (onk txsr501) go for 149. this reciever is worth 300 bucks (no lie) and the only reason it is out of production is because a new one came in (the tsxr 502. but my point is, if you spend at least 250 more you could have a really cool system going. The speakers you bought do offer more sound than the pioneers we were offering for 200, so i dont think it is an extreme scam. I really feel bad for anybody who feels screwed over by this, and i know for a fact that anybody in the chicagoland area can come to a circuit city (joliet) and we would be happy to help you out. I am very sorry that these guys "jipped" you, but you have the opportunity to make something of it, and actually get your moneys worth. If anybody tells me this story while i am working (dont be shy) i will be sure to help you out as much as i can. the guys i work with would be happy to do the same.

but all in all you will want to look for these items to get actual dolby digital surround sound.

-a digital fiber optic or digital coaxial cable (20 bucks)
-a dvd player with a digital audio out (if you dont already have one)
-a subwoofer ($100-up)
-5.1 reciever with dolby digital, dts, and dolby pro logic II decoders. We offer a pioneer for 199... i have seen pioneers for 149 and Open Box recievers (really good quality) for 149...

I am truly sorry for this whole mess, and like i said. I would be happy to help you out. i will tell everybody of this scam, and explain how they can help you out at the joliet circuit city store 3123.

have a happy memorial day.

Anonymous

Yeah.. Circuit City.. LOL! Those Theater Innovations systems should be on your store selves for $200. Best Buy's too! They'll sell like hotcakes to all the chumps that shop there for cheap crap home theater systems too!

The leason to be learned here is the following:

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

KILLTHEF%@CKERS
Unregistered guest
So I just got TI-5100 out the back of a mini-van in Uptown Manhattan from a white coke head guy named Will (probably getting drugs from my block) which cell number is (207) 650-7428 and his two hispanic friends their license plate number is 76DJ17 State of Mass. I thought I was the man cause I got it down to $400.00 but then I found this web site and been calling them ever since. Got hung up on three times and now they don't answer. I put a complaint with AG's office and if anyone could get info. through their plate number please post it on this website. I am out to get these low life mother f%@kers so they won't mess with anyone else again. DON'T F%@CK WITH THE UPTOWN.

P.S. DEAD THESE GUYS ON THE SPOT, DON'T F%@CK WITH THE UPTOWN

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a ti-5100 in ct from some guy who said that they were a duble order, and he had just recently finished installing them at the conference center at the moheghan sun casino in ct. He sold them to me for $400.00. I didnt open them luckly, because i knew i was scamed. He had the same brohsure and catalog that you guys are talkin about.
He said he worked for AUDIO RESEARCH INC.
34 Industrial pk. place in middiletown ct
He gave me his phone (203) 632-2557 ext. 301
He said his name was john and he had just recently sold one for $1200.00 He even showed me the money.
What should i do? Sould i sell them on Ebay?
These guys suck!

aim: mtr117
Unregistered guest
Wow. I hate these dirty little biches. I got scammed today and looks like i wasnt the only one. It sucks but i just want to get my money back. Anyone actually comunicate with these guys or try to get their money back. Let me know if anyone has had any success. Maybe ill just sell them on ebay but this pisses me off.

Laughingmyassoff
Unregistered guest
LMAO, all of you are b*tching because you tried to buy stolen merchandise and that merchandise sucked, first of all your just as guilty as them for recieving stolen goods. Second, you all deserve what you got. Next time go to a real store and spend $300 and you will get a decent system to start on instead of the $70 dollar system you got. I was approached by the same guys in Framingham Mass in the Kentucky fried chicken parking lot and told them to F off.
Quit complaining because you got beat and think of all the good your money is doing to put there kids through college and send them on nice vacations!!! Dummys

Anonymous

No one feels bad for you people. You're a bunch of greedy suckers.

Laughmyassoff
Unregistered guest
I had to come back and show a friend, you guys are a bunch of dumb a@$es. I think I'm gonna start to sell these sytems, I'll be rich!!!! If the guys who sold these systems are reading this please let me in on this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Seriously though....I have a bridge in Brooklyn, it was included extra with this other bridge that the city bought, Its worth a couple hundred thousand but I'll sell it to the first suck... I mean guy whos intersted for $700. Throw in a case of Heineken and I'll let it go for 650!!!!!

Laughmyassoff
Unregistered guest
Wait, I got my sons used sh*tty diaper for $6.50 anybody?

Laughinmyassoff
Unregistered guest
Check this out... http://boston.craigslist.org/ele/32687158.html
***snickering to self*** this should piss of a few people!!

Laughinmyassoff
Unregistered guest
Now this... http://boston.craigslist.org/ele/32691269.html
hehehehehehe

Anonymous

you have too much time on your hands...mr.laughinatyourself

papabeaunr
Unregistered guest
its immoral to leave a sucker with his money

papabeaunr
Unregistered guest
not a one of you fudge packers offered to buy me those beers you owe me either.

Anonymous

I live in Lowell Ma.I paid $150.00 ,and to be honest I'm happy. It's not the best but for a $150 I really can't conplain. I didn't buy anybody a case of beer either

Anonymous

Regarding the buzzing noise you hear when you connect the RCAs. -Try using a power supply instead of plugging it directly to the wall. This worked for me. I'm in Texas and I also bought one for $200. I have it hooked up to a Yamaha 1400 and they sound fine for $200. But it is not a 3k setup but not bad for $200.

I took your $$$$$
Unregistered guest
http://www.x-creation.com/wavs/misc/chapelle/rich%20biotch.wav

Unregistered guest
LOL!!! You guys are hilarious... what dumb@$$'s.. im 16 and looking to buy a theater system for my bedroom. I looked on ebay, found this awesome system, from one of these idiots up above, thats selling it, and I was tempted to bid on it.. BUT I LOOKED IT UP FIRST... came across this, AND AM LAUGHING MY AS$ OFF listening to you blithering fools... It doesnt sound like too bad of a system. For the $300 bucks, and the laughs i get from this, it might be worth it. email xtreme2own@comcast.net AIM: pimpincars2003
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us