30" Sony LCD

Anonymous

Anyone know why DVD's don't fill the screen on my new Sony 30" LCD? Are the suppose to? I but Wide screen format DVD's Do I hace something set wrong?

Username: Project6

Post Number: 54
widescreen also has different formats, unfortunately! you have your 16:9, 2.35:1, anamorphic, etc.
So, no, you don't have anything wrong with your set. You'll notice that some widescreens fit your TV nicely and some just don't, you should have a format button on your tv, "standard", "Expand", "stretch", "zoom", etc. all of these are designed to manipulate your picture so that it fits your screen witout the bands forming along the top and bottom. You will also notice that different formats will do different things to the picture so, experiment with what looks best.
If the movie does not look distorted on "standard", just leave it there.
cheers

Anonymous

Thanks, the problem with manipulating the screen to zoom or wide zoom to fit is that everyone gets fat and distorted. The wide screen format DVDs leave a band at the top and bottom. I was under the impression that the wide format would fit the screen. Would Full Screen fit better or would that just leave bands on the sides? WOW, spent all this money and the movies still do not fit the screen. What's the point??

Username: Project6

Post Number: 59
here's a little info on different widescreen aspects...
http://www.widescreen.org/aspect_ratios.shtml
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us