TV sound is not loud coming through receiver

Anonymous

I hope somebody can help me. I have a HK AVR130 with Bose 301 v-series speakers....2 of them. I have a 51" Sony HDTV. I have tried everything to get sound from the tv out of the receiver without having to turn it up to -35db. And that is just to hear it normally. When i play dvd's the sound is a lot louder, and if i would put the volume for dvd's to -35 it would break the windows. I use monster cable for everything so i know i have shielded and good quality cabling. I also have a set top digital box from the cable company. Both the box and the tv are running to my receiver seperately so that I don't have to have the tv on to hear the digital music channels. The volume on the receiver goes from -80db up to +10 db. And if i am using it at -35Db isnt that technically over half way? and is that good? Thank you to whoever responds to this post. I just want to be able to hear everything as loud as I should be able to without having to turn it up all the way.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1245
you have to set-up the TV audio output. Some TV's, when using external speakers have choices on audio output, i.e. "variable" and "fixed". Put it on "fixed". Either way, check you manual on how to set this up.

Anonymous

I have tried it both ways, fixed and variable.....and both are pretty close to the same result. Any other options?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1253
at -35 you shouldn't have any problems. Some audio broadcasts are not uniform and the DVD player will always have better sound than the cable company.

bestbuy 47839587
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem and had to turn up the volume on the TV to get the sound louder to my reciver.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 36
Like Berny said, your TV should have settings for variable and fixed. As he states it is always important to RTFM "Read The @#cking Manual" first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us