What is the best (film & music) HTB system for $1000?

We need help picking the right system for our new home.

We bought a Bose 3-2-1 system but ended up returning it - the set up was confusing, the remote was too finicky and sensitive and never adjusted the volume w/out a problem...The sound was okay for a small-ish room - w/ wood floors, 12 x 16.

However: when we listened to dvd films, (Not the action movies, but "real films") like Gosford Park...We just could not hear the dialogue at all! And we do love films...Not just our wide range of music which ranges from delicate acoustic to good old rock and roll ---

So : My question for you all here is : If you had roughly 1000 bucks to spend on a system that will serve us well for a wide range of music AND dvd films --- What would you suggest for us?

We hear from Best Buy that Yamaha YHT 800 is good.

Thanks in advance.

L & P

Scott
$1000 is a hard budget to keep but for a speaker and receiver reccomendation i would go with the Marantz 4200 paired up with an
Axiom's Epic systems. They offer free shipping and 30day moneyback guarantee. I purchased the Epic Master set up and its awesome. I have it paired up with a sherwood newcastle R-756.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us