DVI/Component Video DVD player and other questions

Username: Nasmatic23

Post Number: 1
About a year ago my family purchased an Electrograph 42" Plasma TV. Its really not a very good plasma, but we got such a deal on it that it was almost free. Though, this does not have much to do with my question.

The home theatre setup uses a Bose Lifestyles system which is the source of 5.1 and DVD. We were not very educated so we did not notice that we bought a player without Component or DVI connections. So we are just using S-Video which does not look very good.

I plan on buying an additional DVD player to hook up to the Bose system? This is possible, right?

I want to know if I'll see a BIG difference when watching DVDs if I buy a Progressive Scan DVD player with Component video connections.

Also, is it worth the money to get a DVI DVD player? Or is the upgrade from S-Video to Component going to be enough?

Finally, can anyone suggest some resonably priced Component DVD players?

Username: Nasmatic23

Post Number: 2
Anyone?

Unregistered guest
Ben-
The real question here is the potential of your plasma - What's its resolution? What kind of processing/scaling features does it employ? Because plasmas are digital displays, it will definitely look its best with a DVI connection. From what I've heard, there will be some very nice dvd players coming out in early '04 with not only DVI but also the ability to upconvert dvds. As far as connecting your Bose system to a new dvd player, it can be done as long as the Bose has a digital audio input(coaxial or Toslink). Good Luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us