Username: Sidney2q

Post Number: 1
Greetings,
Desperately seeking your assistance.First,I would
like to say that my knowledge of A/V Home Threater
configurations and hook-ups,are equivalent to
Forrest Gumps knowledge of quantum theory
applications.NADDA!!!My problem is,I have a DVR,
VCR,Cable Box,RF-Modulator,splitter and a very old TV.I've tried hooking them up to work in harmony with one another but have failed miserably
in my endeavor to do so.My situation is at
"Critical Mass" because I need to successfully
complete this project before my painfully boring
relatives get to my home on Dec.31 for a two week
stay.Please advise!!!!!!

Username: Salemdoom

Post Number: 8
...well this may be a little late 1st you need scarts on the tv, do you have these?
if no dont continue reading, go buy new tv now, go, go, gooooooooo...
if yes...
well...

if you have two scarts like most of the tvs in the uk, you need to run the dvd into the one, and the video into the other, the ccable will have to be plugged via the video, the draw back with this is if you want to watch cable it will be via the vcr :-(

If you have 3 scarts (you lucky devil you) you should not have issues at all.

As for the rf modulator, I ask what you are using that for?

Do you have outside arial? Any modulator , splitter does what it says on the tin, this old man called Doom, always says this... never , ever, ever, ever, ever split ariels! As soon as you split a signal you dumb the quality right away, and the quality aint that good to begin with (sigh).

Anyway I hope this is some help to you.

Doom :-)

JMS@Cols.Oh
Unregistered guest
Doom:
What's a scart?

Bronze Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12
a SCART is like a serial connector for A/V equipment
here's a little read
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/eprebel/SoundAndVision/Engineering/SCART.html

JMS@Cols.Oh
Unregistered guest
Berny:
Thanks much for your reference on scarts. What TVs in the US have scart inputs? Is this a European thing? I've been into AV for a long time now and have never heard the word (acronym) before.

This got me to thinking about a 15+ year old 26" Mits (CS-2667R) I own and is still going strong. Considered cutting edge in its day, it has stereo speakers on the front panel and an internal rear-firing low frequency woofer. 2 line inputs, 1 out, and high-level terminals for external speakers, A/B Ant. etc. But most curiously, it has an 8 pin parallel port they label "RGB Input" which I never used. A scart-like thing maybe? Incidentally, it is the only TV I've seen with a 3-prong grounded outlet plug.

Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 292
JMS,
So far I have only seen one TV in the US with a scart, and it came from Europe. It is a combined RGB and Audio input.
I believe it is also popular in Australia
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us