Problems with the panasonic sa-pm08 dvd streo system

Anonymous
i've had this unit for a year and a half,and it started to freeze,and then 'no disc'anyhow i would like to know if anypersons are having these problems.panasonic sucks...

Anonymous
Yes I had the same Pb.
But now It still working .... sometime !
We have to focus the beam laser I believe
@+

Anonymous
I am having the same problem too...I even gave it to an authorised service center to get it repair and lost $45 for just getting the repair estimate($260+!!!!). I would strongly suggest anyone having the same promlem not to go to the service centers..all they do is rip you off...So being an engineer I have ordered the "Optical Head Unit" for $90.25 from Panasonic website and it should arrive this week. I will post the update how it goes...Also "How can we focus the beam laser?" as suggested in previous posting?? I hope that this will save someone's money.....

Anonymous
i contacted panasonic about the problem and this was their reply

Thank you for your inquiry. Your patronage as a satisfied Panasonic
customer is truly valued. Therefore we appreciate this information
regarding your experience with our product. We regret to hear of your
dissatisfaction. Be assured all consumer comments, whether favorable or
not, are appreciated. All comments are investigated and given careful
consideration in our continuing effort to produce high quality products, and
customer service our consumers expect.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments.

Sincerely,
Representative 27
Panasonic Customer Ca

huh,that's it????
what was this,i told them about my problem and that was it?now i know there is a flaw with these units,my cousin has one, in fact that is what encouraged me in the first place,and his is having the same problem.
but you know what,i am not going to repair this unit nor return it,I WILL DUMP IT.
there is a lesson to be learnt here,we review and ask question about how good a product is and it's functionality and so on,but do we ask is this company any good?do they deserve our hard earn money?just for a few decibels more?now i am in the market for a new system,and I WILL MAKE THOSE COMPANIES EARN MY DOLLAR.i am down to four choices,and i contacted the companies requesting catalogs,well to date i have recieved one.and i am lookin in that companies direction.
fustrated customer.

I have this problem too, any suggestions on what is the solution

Beware of dealing with Panasonic. They knowingly market defective products and then refuse to acknowledge or make good on them. Here is a new URL which points to a bulletin board documenting Panasonic's defiant arrogance in continuing to manufacture and sell their poorly-made trash and their abandonment of customers burned by these purchases. When the word gets out on this scummy company, their sales will plummet. Spread the news.

http://home.earthlink.net/~panasonicsucks/

Anonymous
i've had this unit for a year and a half,and it is still in working order...i think the trick is to constantly clean the laser using the cd cleaner..i'd say once a week..
and now i'm looking for the appropriate subwoofer model to be connected to this unit...does anyone know?

Well I am having the same ( No Play ) and I can not find a fix but I will clean the optics tomorow. I wonder if the man that ordered the kit fixed the problem.

Anonymous
my panasonic dvd stereo system sa pm-08

The same problem like the others can`t work any more and no one will fixed it

I`am afraid now to buy another panasonic

Anonymous
Sadly, here is another (very expensive) example of how Panasonic does not seem to care for customers. I purchased a 50 inch plasma, model PT50PD3, for approx $12,000. The warranty is for one year, and I was not offered an extended warranty. After one year and 8 months, the plasma crapped out. I called to see if they would offer any assistance, given the newer technology and very expensive price. No luck. In fact their attitude was very much "tough luck, sucker", it's out of warranty. I would also very strongly advice folks considering very expensive plasma technology to heed these warnings. They have VERY POOR customer service, and REALLY don't care.

Anonymous
Boycott Panasonic, plain and simple

Convert to Multi-Region my panasonic dvd stereo system sa pm-08.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us