Outlaw and Aperion match?

Username: Scott

Post Number: 1
I am ready to purchase my first home theater system. I've read many reviews and decided to purchase the Outlaw 950/7100 amp and preamp. Aperion speakers. Am I making a good purchase. This is a lot of money to spend but my love of music and movies, I have always "Went large or went Home". I need advice also on a good DVD player to round this out. Any help would be most appreciated. I value the opinions of the people on this board, so let me have it! Thanks

Scott

Username: Project6

Post Number: 25
seems like you are starting off very nicely, I like the Aperion Outlaw combination, very musical and lovely detail, excellent for home theater, too.
What is your budget on the DVD player...for $179, the Pioneer 653-A would be a great universal player. It plays almost any type of video and audio format except Windows Media Audio. It is SACD, DVD-Audio capable with a 6 channel analog output. Couple this unit with an Outlaw ICBM for bass mnagement issue and you have a player that is unbeatable for its price. I've had this unit for a while and it doesn't have the chroma bug issues in a lot of present DVD players.

Or you could try the Denon DVD-2900 for around $1200 or the DVD 5900 for $2000.

cheers

Jeff N
Unregistered guest
While the Outlaw amplifiers is worth buying, the 950 pre/pro on the other hand is an inferior product. According to a Sound and Vision review in 03, the 950 has more noise distortion in its 2 channels play back than a $500 Yamaha receiver. Personally, I know of friend who tried the combo and ended up returning them for a Pioneer Elite receiver. "Terrible 2 channel sound.." he said. Go to www.avsforum.com and search for the Outlaw. There are many great posts from enthusiasts who reviewed components used in the 950. As always, personal audition and comparison is a must before buying any audio products. Good luck

Berny: Agreed with your recommedation of the DVD player; however; the correct model of the Pioneer DVD player that you mentioned should be 563-A

Username: Project6

Post Number: 74
indeed, I jumbled up my numbers, oy! Anyway, it has been said that the 563A plays WMA, maybe I have a defective unit but it doesn't even say it on the box and in the manual. However, it does play MP3s burned into a DVD...now that is a lot of music.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us