Home Theater In A Box

Username: Dutch4

Post Number: 1
Ok, need some HELP! First of all I'm new to this home theater stuff but am learning quickly. Here is what I want to do: my current room size is 13'x19', have a JVC 27" TV (older model, at least 6 yrs old)(plan to get a 50" plasma screen within the next 2-3 yrs or sooner). I would like to acquire a home theater package that will suit my needs, my wife and I both like to watch movies and listen to music(movies are variety type such as action packed for me and typical woman movies for the wife; music, I like CW and Oldies where wife likes the classical stuff and some of my stuff). We do plan to relocate in the near future and have a custom home built with an open floor-plan. Plan to have a great room about 20'x20' to 24'x24'. So can you experts give me some sound advice and good recommendations of several systems??? I am considering the YHT-940/941 system or possibly Denon, or any other.....HELP !!!! Mike dutch4@cox.net

Username: Susieq

Post Number: 3
I just purchased a pioneer htd 530 htib system (5.1 speaker sytem)and am having problems setting it up. I got the speaker wires installed but the cables are confusing me. I have a magnavox vcr,satelite dish and the pioneer receiver has the dvd built into it. My zenith tv doesn't have enough inputs so I purchased panasonic a/v switchbox rf modulator that has 3 inputs and 1 output. I have read and re-read the directions & still clueless. Can someone help me on how to connect everything. I would like to have the surround sound come out of the tv and vcr.

Username: Bboop

Post Number: 1
I am trying to hook up a VCR to my Home Theater. I have a receiver and DVD hooked up. I think this is supposed to be simple but I am technologically challenged right now. I was using RCA cables to connect directly into the receiver. My Home Theater is a HT6600DP Sony.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us