Onkyo HTS-650

tim
Just got the HTS 650 for 900$ Canadian (590 US$) Fantastic system easy to set up and use. The box it came in was MASSSSSIVVVVVE. ANyway I am soglad I did not get the Kenwood HTB 505. Nice extras like b Speaker outs and bass & treble controls (not available on the Kenwood) are a good bonus. sound city.com will sell and ship to Canada for 590$ US TAX, duties and delivery included. They have great customer service as well.

Anonymous
Any time I've ordered anything from south of the border I've ended up paying duties and other fees to the point that I've given up ordering from the U.S.

So, I'm just curious about the duties etc. that you paid. To be clear, your total cost was $590 USD?

tim
Yes. This included the total price included all taxes (GST & PST), duties and delivery right to my living room. The price is 400$ US for the unit plus 190$ USD for delivery, and customs brokerage (which locally takes care of all the duties & taxes). Call Sound City at 1-973-263-6060 x 714. Ask for Rich. He knows about the duty situation and will honor the same price I paid on all Canadian orders. It took 5 days to get here. You should note that the Onkyo warranty is not valid in Canada unless you buy locally. However, if you live in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver there are service shops about an hours drive away from each city (Amhearst, NY, Plattsburgh NY or Bellingham WA) that will honor the warrranty. Let me know if you buy one. I am VERY HAPPY with mine. Blows Kenwood out of the water.

Anonymous
I live too far away from the border in case I did need some service work. In the end I got the Yamaha YBTH20. I've had previous Yamaha equipment, and I've always been happy with them. Just set it up last night. At first there was a hiss from the surround spks that has been mentioned on this board. But eventually I got rid of it by fiddling around in the menu. So far so good. FYI, I paid $720 CDN for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us