Pioneer HTD 540DV

Username: Chris615

Post Number: 1
Hello All

This seems good value. Before buying, would like to hear from anyone who's used it. Any feedback at all would be appreciated

Cheers

Unregistered guest
Go to Aldi Food if there's one nearby they have these systems priced at $249.99 the best deal going anywhere. And if you are not happy with your purchase just take it back, but you must have your receipt. As for how it sounds and I have'nt yet.

Anonymous

I purchased one about a month ago at Costco for $280. I was motivated by the abundance of features and the DVD-RW playback. It seems to accept +RW also. It does what I want for a small room. We got it as a replacement for an old component system. Not huge depth of sound, but adequate. DVD reproduction is very good.

Unregistered guest
I am having some trouble with this now. When I am viewing a dvd, it sometimes flashes little red and green, blue lines and all cables are connected very well. Why is it doing this???

ZASKAR
Unregistered guest
CHECK AROUND YOUR LOCAL ALDI'S FOR THIS...IT IS NOW $169.00...GOT MINE AT THE WESTERVILLE, OHIO STORE...SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

Username: Grateful11

Post Number: 3
My wife got the last one in Salisbury, NC. $169.00 here too. Sounds great to us. Can't beat the price. They had 3 about 2 days before dropping the price. They went fast here. Right now we're using the front surround option but tomorrow I'm moving the rear surrounds to the normal position.

DDBlues
Unregistered guest
I took the RCA RT2380BK back to wal-mart and I'm glad I did.

I tried the Pioneer VSX-D514 which is a good home theater reciever. No delays, latencies, or dropouts and has plenty of inputs for an entry level HT receiver. The unit ran slightly warm, but comparitively cool for a full fledged HT receiver. Seemed like a pretty good deal at Circuit City for $150 so I had to try it out. Of course, it's just the receiver so everything else had to be supplied seperately -- speakers, wires, DVD player, ect. The worst part about this receiver was that the remote was poorly designed. Even so, I would recommend this unit.

I would have kept this unit if not for another post in here about the Pioneer HTD-540. I was incredibly lucky to get one at ALDI. This system has a 5 disc carousel, plays all formats including SACDs. This is the coldest running HT unit I have ever tried. No vents on the top of the receiver. It has a small fan in the back of the unit which I can barely detect any heat coming out of. This is the extreme oppisite from the ONKYO receiver I tried that came in the 777 package, which doubles as a nice space heater. NO exaggeration!!!
An important feature that the Pioneer HTD 540 has, is the coaxial input on the back of the receiver. Therefore, if one of the many drive motors fail on the main unit, all I have to do is hook up another DVD player that has coax out and I can still enjoy DD5.1 without having to buy another whole new system.

Unregistered guest
I picked up the HTD-540 after the realization my old sony receiver didn't like DTS-Audio (couldn't handle anything higher than 48khz dac). The 540 plays just about everything... DTS Audio, DVD Audio, Super Audio, Mp3... pretty much everything cept for WMA's.

The sound is incredible. If you own this unit, be sure to test all the different sound modes (I love the "advanced music" sound for mp'3s). The only thing I didn't like about this system was the lack of inputs (common for most "theatre in a box" systems). It does have the one coax which is great for the satellite, but with no optical inputs, my Xbox doesn't sound the same.... but hearing Dark Side of the Moon in full 5.1 DTS sound makes up for that :-)

Joey Jeremiah
Unregistered guest
I just bought this unit a week ago and I think it's awesome. I figured it was the best HTIB I could get within my budget ($400CDN). Big improvement over my old KOSS C220. I don't mind the lack of inputs, but all I have is the TV, Xbox and a turntable and it has just enough to cover me.

Haven't tried and SACDs or DVD-Audio discs, but I can imagine how good DSOTM would sound on it. I think I'll go pick it up now.

JJ

ej83
Unregistered guest
Hello All
I've Own one Pioneer HTD-540dv, but i've got some problems with video so the pioneer's technicians tell me to reset the unit. This is Region free. DO you think that after the reset i'll lose the region free option? By the way I purchased at Costco for $290.
Bye Everyone

Unregistered guest
In researching the Pioneer HTD-540dv I'm having a difficult time determining whether the system is region free or not. Does anyone know if this dvd player is in fact region free?

Thanks in advance,

KBear
Unregistered guest
Picked this up yesterday as a temporary system until I can afford high quality separates, $399Cdn at Sam's Club. Happy so far, it looks like one of the better quality HTIAB at this price range.

Haven't listened to it a lot yet, but I can't wait to try it with a SACD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us